Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Tango shoot (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/tango-shoot-14949/)

skullcrusher 06-19-2009 02:56 AM

Tango shoot

What happened to the Tango shoot? Did masterp scare everyone away? I am still waiting on the deer flies to die and the weather to agree...:eek:

masterPsmith 06-19-2009 03:19 PM

I don't know. I thought there would be quite a few shooters. My targets shouldn't scare anyone away, the are way better shooters out there than me.
Besides, it's a fun shoot anyway.
Jim..............:confused::confused::confused:

Jo da Plumbr 06-19-2009 04:06 PM

I'm going to try to find time this weekend to go to an outdoor range. Here in LA I can't just go in my backyard and plink.:mad:

cpttango30 06-19-2009 07:05 PM

I have not had the time latley to get out and do it. I will find time here soon though. As my job ends on tuesday I am free and clear until Aug 31.....

GHOSTSSX 06-20-2009 03:28 AM

I bought an older Marlin 60 just for this, but the one day I could go to the range, it thunderstormed and was so humid after it quit, we just decided to shoot some Bin Laden targets and clays laying on the berm - glasses kept fogging up and started thundering again....got one tube(18) through the Marlin until a FTF(eed) on last shell. I will be a member of the range soon, then I can go whenever I want!!! Did get to empty 4 clips of my XDM-9 :D

It will be next month, but I plan on participating as soon as possible.

I know I need a scope, though!!

CHUCK

Gojubrian 06-20-2009 04:54 AM

I had all my stuff ready, but when I got to the range there were so many people there I couldn't get anything done.

Got tired of waiting on everyone to clear to go back and forth. It became too much of a hassle and I just shot the targets up and left,lol. :D

RL357Mag 06-21-2009 12:58 AM

I went out today with the first gun I ever owned back in 1972 - A Mossberg 352KD. I went out with it two weeks ago hoping to shoot some groups but the firing pin broke. I ordered two spares from Numrich and they sent me the wrong ones, so I returned them and got the right ones in the mail today. I went to my range today but the problem is it was dark and overcast and my range is in the woods, so I couldn't see sh!t. I have a 30 year old Weaver D6 scope with plastic lenses that are all hazed over and so I couldn't see sh!t through the scope either! I was so pissed I even hung the target upside down. I'll post it anyway, but I can't for the life of me score it, since there are only 4 clear holes - the rest made one ragged hole between the 9 ring and bullseye.

masterPsmith 06-26-2009 03:36 PM

Well, I see a few more scores being posted. Lets see some more....

T.Mihm 07-03-2009 07:05 PM

I'll hopefully be doing this month's shoot. See the target and distance has changed for the stock class, maybe that'll make things a little easier on the scoring. Haven't had a chance to pick up some more ammo. =[ Everywhere is out of Federal Champion Target, and have such a small budget I'm still trying to convince myself to try a different brand. The only bulk stuff I can find around here besides cruddy Remmy stuff is some American Eagle from Federal. Maybe that'll work. My at-home range is getting all overgrown, too. Grr.

Will have targets posted in a week or two if luck changes.

-Travis

skullcrusher 07-03-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterPsmith (Post 122044)
Well, I see a few more scores being posted. Lets see some more....

I put some up, but I waited until the end of the month. I am not liking this cheap Tasco 4x32 much anymore. Great for varmits, but not the best for targets. The thing does not seem to hold from one shoot to the next. It sits for a few days, and I have to re-zero. :mad: I got a nice grouping out of it, but it was all 'tween the 9 and 8.

I have a nice Simmons 3-9x32 that I think I will be putting on the 597. Nice shootin' by everyone but you know who. :D