Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   tactical .22lr mossberg (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/tactical-22lr-mossberg-71200/)

TheHunter100 08-27-2012 02:11 AM

tactical .22lr mossberg
 
I'm thinking of getting this gun and, ya its pretty ugly but I know I can customize it to look a lot better it'll be a little project. My only concern is, can I take off the top part I think its a carry handle?

Here's a forum that has a picture....(I don't know how to put my own picture)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/513399_MOSSBERG__22LR_TACTICAL___.html

alex19ccc 08-27-2012 05:09 AM

doesn't look ugly to me!
my only concern with that gun would be...can i find bigger mags for it?!? :D

i know nothing about this weapon. so im sorry for posting on your thread. but im looking to get myself a 22. and being a mossberg i bet its quality ;]

to me it doesn't look like that top rail comes off..but you should look into it...but why not just mount a nice red dot on top or something? :P

TheHunter100 08-27-2012 01:58 PM

And also I found out you can't even switch off the handguard. I think I'm just going to get the mp5 clone instead for like $400.

ineverFTF 08-27-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHunter100
And also I found out you can't even switch off the handguard. I think I'm just going to get the mp5 clone instead for like $400.

Have you considered the s&w 22lr version? Its a little pricier but a fantastic gun.

If you dont want to spend the $ on a s&w an mp5 clone sounds fun.

TheHunter100 08-27-2012 06:42 PM

If its anything over $400 might as well save up to get a 6.5 grendel so that I can hunt with.

ineverFTF 08-27-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHunter100
If its anything over $400 might as well save up to get a 6.5 grendel so that I can hunt with.

That would be my suggestion or an ar-10 if you want a hunting gun

TheHunter100 08-27-2012 07:14 PM

The ar-10 is a bit heavier then the average at-15 and every pound count when your walking miles in the wild.

ineverFTF 08-27-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHunter100
The ar-10 is a bit heavier then the average at-15 and every pound count when your walking miles in the wild.

Fair enough. Do you want an AR cause its an ar? Or because its a light weight rifle?

gladesbassin 08-27-2012 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got me one of the mossbergs and for $285 I'm not gonna complain. The rails can hold any ar attachment so for the price it's a fun little rifle.

TheHunter100 08-27-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF

Fair enough. Do you want an AR cause its an ar? Or because its a light weight rifle?

Both really


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.