Svage arms model 64...needs scope
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Svage arms model 64...needs scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 291

Default Svage arms model 64...needs scope

I recently purchased my 13 year old a savage 64 .22 LR. He has decided that he wants a scope for plinking.

In 18 years of owning firearms I have never used or owned a scope. So can any one help me with some pointers on what I need to do in order to mount a scope on his rifle. Also, what scopes would you suggest?

By the way, here is a link which shows his rifle https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/22100

Countries are eaten up by the parties they favor, and ravaged by the one they oppose. Fathers and sons, sheath their swords in anothers bowels in the field, and their wives and daughters are exposed to rudeness and lust of ruffians at home.~PHILANTHROPOS

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Last edited by AWDeanSr; 01-06-2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: zombie invasion

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If I'm not mistaken a standard rim-fire scope will mount to the groves on the top of the receiver. Bushnell makes a decent 3X9X32 rim fire scope complete with rings for around $50.00. You should be able to pick one up at Gander or Cabelas.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #3

thanks Hunter...i'll look into that bushnell.

Countries are eaten up by the parties they favor, and ravaged by the one they oppose. Fathers and sons, sheath their swords in anothers bowels in the field, and their wives and daughters are exposed to rudeness and lust of ruffians at home.~PHILANTHROPOS

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Check here;

Bushnell .22 Rimfire 3-9x32 Rifle Scope Matte Multi-X 762239 Riflescope 3-9x32mm 762239SC

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep, that's the unit and at a very good price.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #6

I bought the Bushnell that you guys suggested...took it to the range today and zeroed it in. My boresighter did not want to cooperate, so I had to zero in at 15 yards and then moved it out as far as the cables allowed at Shooter Express' indoor range. It works great! Took my son along, it was the first time for each of us to shoot with a scope..we had a blast!

I'll try to get some pictures on here tomorrow...thanks again!