Sticky Bolt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Sticky Bolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sticky Bolt

I have a Springfield/Savage 120A in horrible condition. I picked it up at the local gun shop used for $40 a few weeks ago. It is going to be my refinishing project. I am doing the long cleaning process as it does not appear to have ever seen a cleaning brush before. The bolt is tough to pull. I tried cleaning all the gunk out and it doesn't seem to have helped it much. If it sits for more than an hour the first two times working the bolt are very difficult and then it becomes a lot easier. Does anyone know what I may be missing that could be causing this? Not too worried. I'm just hoping to refinish but was hoping to get lucky and get a cheap plinker out of it, too. Any ideas?

"Is the average person stupider than he was a generation ago? Or do you just run into more stupid people because fewer stupid people are getting eaten by bears?" - Bill Maher

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here