Stevens Visible Loader
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Stevens Visible Loader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Default Stevens Visible Loader

So I go into the LGS yesterday, and he's got a Model 70 round barrel Visible loader there. Never seen one, pretty cool. Blueing is worn, no rust that I saw, wood is pretty nice, action smooth. Missing the rear sight, and someone mounted a Lyman peep sight on the stock in place of it. He said he shot it, shoots nice, reliable and accurate. Price is $425, I think it was. Opinions?

After some internet research, I found out that is was considered a crappy design, not many left because of this, DO NOT take it apart, etc.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 AM   #2

Liked 40 Times on 30 Posts

They are a great historical artifact, but feeding is quirky at best. They didn't get the nickname "Miserable Loader" for nothing.

If you want it as a bit of history, that's one thing, but if you want a reliable shooter, look elsewhere.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:31 AM   #3

Liked 840 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 256

I have owned several. They are a novel design. Those guys want way more than it is worth.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #4

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Thanks for the replies. That's sorta the conclusion I came to.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.