Stevens Pocket Rifle
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Stevens Pocket Rifle


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Stevens Pocket Rifle

I have recently purchased one of these but unfortunately it does not have the wire stock with it. I have looked on Gun Broker and SEVERAL other websites and I can not seem to just find the stock. Can anyone suggest a place to purchase one of these? Thank you in advance!
BigBritches is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hiwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleator,AZ
Posts: 3,571
Liked 841 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Default

Look up the word Rare in the dictionary and it will have a picture of one of those stocks
__________________
Just walking on the edge of of my grave.
hiwall is offline  
BigBritches Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,148
Liked 3583 Times on 1725 Posts
Likes Given: 1783

Default

Brithces,

Would like to see a picture of it!

03
__________________
The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
Sniper03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,354
Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Default

Have you thought about getting one manufactured for it? Won't be matching...and that stinks...but it's a great place holder!
TimL2952 is offline  
BigBritches Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,181
Liked 10771 Times on 4662 Posts
Likes Given: 1758

Default

Britches- welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, drop by the intro thread, say hello, and tell us a bit about yourself.

In the meantime, there may be a reason these are rare. While most are legally antiques (made before 1899) they have a barrel length under 16 inches. A shoulder stock on MOST handguns puts them in the category of a Short Barreled Rifle- which has to be registered as an NFA firearm with the BATFE. There ARE exceptions for some guns (Lugers, Browning Hi Powers, Broomhandle Mausers) but honestly have no idea if the Stevens are an exception.

Before making one, I would sure check with the BATFE Firearms Technical Branch, and get an answer IN WRITING.
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Look up the word Rare in the dictionary and it will have a picture of one of those stocks
Ha Ha Ha this is true! And underneath the picture it says EXTREMELY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Brithces,

Would like to see a picture of it!

03
I will do this! This is actually a shared account. My dad is the one with the gun collection but not very good with the computer. So he tells me what he wants/wants to know and I take care of it. I will get him to pull the gun back out and get some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Have you thought about getting one manufactured for it? Won't be matching...and that stinks...but it's a great place holder!
Yes I would be willing to do that! In the perfect world I could find the missing stock but it would be easier to win the lottery! Any suggestions of a gun manufacturer, I have not been able to find someone who makes this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Britches- welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, drop by the intro thread, say hello, and tell us a bit about yourself.

In the meantime, there may be a reason these are rare. While most are legally antiques (made before 1899) they have a barrel length under 16 inches. A shoulder stock on MOST handguns puts them in the category of a Short Barreled Rifle- which has to be registered as an NFA firearm with the BATFE. There ARE exceptions for some guns (Lugers, Browning Hi Powers, Broomhandle Mausers) but honestly have no idea if the Stevens are an exception.

Before making one, I would sure check with the BATFE Firearms Technical Branch, and get an answer IN WRITING.
I have done a little research and pretty sure that this one is before the "cut off" year so to speak. But thank you very much for the concern. No one wants to go to jail for a crazy gun collection obsession!
BigBritches is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Pictures!

Stevens Pocket Rifle - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion

Stevens Pocket Rifle - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion

Stevens Pocket Rifle - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion

Stevens Pocket Rifle - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion

Stevens Pocket Rifle - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion
BigBritches is offline  
snyder77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

If you're looking to get rid of that old piece of junk. I'll take the hit and take it off your hands. I'm so kind I'll even pay for shipping.
That things awesome.
__________________
I don't need No stinking signature.
mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,899
Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1041

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
If you're looking to get rid of that old piece of junk. I'll take the hit and take it off your hands. I'm so kind I'll even pay for shipping.
That things awesome.
See? If you read the classifieds, You would see im selling my pistol like that...
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

See? If you read the classifieds, You would see im selling my pistol like that...
Got a link? I'll take a peek.
__________________
I don't need No stinking signature.
mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
J.Stevens Arms Rifle papaj1 General Rifle Discussion 9 10-21-2013 03:15 AM
A strange Stevens o/u shotgun /rifle MobileMarine General Shotgun Discussion 7 02-24-2012 03:25 AM
Is a savage stevens 200 rifle good for 179.00 ANAKINANAYA Hunting Forum 5 08-09-2010 10:23 PM
Info need Stevens Pocket rifle 34 and model 41 darkages5 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 3 06-13-2009 09:39 PM
Stevens Marksman 22 rifle lneil .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 3 06-10-2008 01:44 PM



Newest Threads