Stevens Pocket Rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Stevens Pocket Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Stevens Pocket Rifle

I have recently purchased one of these but unfortunately it does not have the wire stock with it. I have looked on Gun Broker and SEVERAL other websites and I can not seem to just find the stock. Can anyone suggest a place to purchase one of these? Thank you in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #2

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Look up the word Rare in the dictionary and it will have a picture of one of those stocks

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

BigBritches Likes This 
Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 1222

Brithces,

Would like to see a picture of it!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #4

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Have you thought about getting one manufactured for it? Won't be matching...and that stinks...but it's a great place holder!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8692 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Britches- welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, drop by the intro thread, say hello, and tell us a bit about yourself.

In the meantime, there may be a reason these are rare. While most are legally antiques (made before 1899) they have a barrel length under 16 inches. A shoulder stock on MOST handguns puts them in the category of a Short Barreled Rifle- which has to be registered as an NFA firearm with the BATFE. There ARE exceptions for some guns (Lugers, Browning Hi Powers, Broomhandle Mausers) but honestly have no idea if the Stevens are an exception.

Before making one, I would sure check with the BATFE Firearms Technical Branch, and get an answer IN WRITING.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Look up the word Rare in the dictionary and it will have a picture of one of those stocks
Ha Ha Ha this is true! And underneath the picture it says EXTREMELY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Brithces,

Would like to see a picture of it!

I will do this! This is actually a shared account. My dad is the one with the gun collection but not very good with the computer. So he tells me what he wants/wants to know and I take care of it. I will get him to pull the gun back out and get some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Have you thought about getting one manufactured for it? Won't be matching...and that stinks...but it's a great place holder!
Yes I would be willing to do that! In the perfect world I could find the missing stock but it would be easier to win the lottery! Any suggestions of a gun manufacturer, I have not been able to find someone who makes this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Britches- welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, drop by the intro thread, say hello, and tell us a bit about yourself.

In the meantime, there may be a reason these are rare. While most are legally antiques (made before 1899) they have a barrel length under 16 inches. A shoulder stock on MOST handguns puts them in the category of a Short Barreled Rifle- which has to be registered as an NFA firearm with the BATFE. There ARE exceptions for some guns (Lugers, Browning Hi Powers, Broomhandle Mausers) but honestly have no idea if the Stevens are an exception.

Before making one, I would sure check with the BATFE Firearms Technical Branch, and get an answer IN WRITING.
I have done a little research and pretty sure that this one is before the "cut off" year so to speak. But thank you very much for the concern. No one wants to go to jail for a crazy gun collection obsession!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Pictures!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

If you're looking to get rid of that old piece of junk. I'll take the hit and take it off your hands. I'm so kind I'll even pay for shipping.
That things awesome.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #9

Liked 718 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
If you're looking to get rid of that old piece of junk. I'll take the hit and take it off your hands. I'm so kind I'll even pay for shipping.
That things awesome.
See? If you read the classifieds, You would see im selling my pistol like that...

Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

See? If you read the classifieds, You would see im selling my pistol like that...
Got a link? I'll take a peek.

I don't need No stinking signature.