Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   stevens mod 20 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/stevens-mod-20-a-68079/)

moron88 07-11-2012 10:46 PM

stevens mod 20

anyone know anything about them? i am interested in getting one from the local gun shop for $100 but a quick google search didnt come up with anything other than a posting on armslist gave some mild info that looking at the gun more in-depth that the minute i held it would have given (i was being rushed by my mom). kinda time sensitive, i'm trying to get my sister to take me to get it today:rolleyes:

kycol 07-11-2012 10:48 PM

How much can you go wrong for $100

moron88 07-11-2012 11:04 PM

that's what i thought when i bought my glenfield 60. before, a brick lasted a month easily. now, i'm lucky if one lasts a week:eek:

moron88 07-11-2012 11:19 PM

found some info on it. apparently it was also sold as the Springfield model 86c. made anywhere from the early 1910's through the late 50's... yeah... as clean as it is in my 5 second memory picture, the price is reasonable. a better deal than my 60. we'll see if i can get there before it sells to someone else. they have guns there from the first time i visited last year, but because i want it someone else will buy it :rolleyes: just the way it goes i guess.

c3shooter 07-12-2012 01:22 AM

At one time, Savage/ Stevens/ Springfield was the largest gunmaker in the US. Stevens was actually the creator of the .22 LR. Their guns were good utility grade shooters. Drawback- out of production for some years- parts will become an issue at some point.

But price is reasonable.

moron88 07-12-2012 01:40 AM

didnt get it today and probably wont tomorrow. the shop closed at 9, she didnt get here until 9:05 :mad: she's taking her boyfriend out of town tomorrow so she's out and my mom wouldnt help me today, and my begging isnt going anywhere :(. if if it's still there friday, then it was meant to be mine. if not, i'll just hang onto the money as long as i can. hopefully, i'll still have it, or at least most of it, next month so i can get a better known model.

i get $200 a month and my only bill is my cellphone, that's only $55 (provided i dont buy any games, music or ringtones. this month it's $72) and my mom pays $35 (if it was up to me, i wouldnt have a phone. she wants me to have it because i stay home with my grandpa. he's old and has lots of health issues. never know when something will happen and she just wants to make sure help can be reached) so i know i can get something good.

hiwall 07-12-2012 03:27 AM

You are correct, there is always more guns if you miss this one.

moron88 07-13-2012 03:49 AM

i've decided to not get it this month. if it's still there next month, then it really is meant to be mine and i could probably get $20 knocked off the price:cool: instead, i'm getting a couple hundred rounds of a few different rounds to see what my 60 likes best and maybe a brick or 2 of cci quiets, if i can find them for ~$25, and hang on to the rest for next month.