Standard 10/22 Mag.


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Standard 10/22 Mag.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HKSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Out Here
Posts: 729
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Standard 10/22 Mag.

Can the factory 10/22 mag. be taken apart for cleaning? I've looked it over, and haven't seen anything that looks obvious.



__________________

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

HKSlinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,159
Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Default

When I don't have anything else to do, there are these neat little books that they package with different firearms. I keep them in the reading room. From page 25 of the little book that says Ruger 10/22-

"After cleaning, always check to be certain that rotor movement and tension are correct, and that no solvent or debris remain. Do not disassemble the magazine."



__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 18,031
Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Default

ive tried it once and its very difficut to get back together again. i never did get that mag to work right i ended up tossing it. wouldnt recomend it unless it has completely ceased working.

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HKSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Out Here
Posts: 729
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
When I don't have anything else to do, there are these neat little books that they package with different firearms. I keep them in the reading room. From page 25 of the little book that says Ruger 10/22-

"After cleaning, always check to be certain that rotor movement and tension are correct, and that no solvent or debris remain. Do not disassemble the magazine."
How often, while checking out the, "used gun" rack, do you see an owners Manuel hanging by the price tag?
__________________

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

HKSlinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,159
Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Default

How often? Never. That's why I found the website for the companies that will let me print my own.

Unfortunately many of the guns I like were made shortly after the invention of the printing press- most Mossbergs had an "owner's manual" that consisted of a freakin' CARD that was in the box with the gun!!!

Seriously, Ruger has their manuals on line- Remington has theirs on line- or for really old ones, will send you a reprint for the asking- as do most other companies. Fear of liability suits drives them to make info available. But when the gunmaker was overun by the Soviet forces in 1945, it is a bit harder.

And a REALLY handy website- say thank you to Steve, and make a donation-

page7b

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,747
Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 919

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
How often? Never. That's why I found the website for the companies that will let me print my own.

Unfortunately many of the guns I like were made shortly after the invention of the printing press- most Mossbergs had an "owner's manual" that consisted of a freakin' CARD that was in the box with the gun!!!

Seriously, Ruger has their manuals on line- Remington has theirs on line- or for really old ones, will send you a reprint for the asking- as do most other companies. Fear of liability suits drives them to make info available. But when the gunmaker was overun by the Soviet forces in 1945, it is a bit harder.

And a REALLY handy website- say thank you to Steve, and make a donation-

page7b
sweet site!! but they still dont have the manual im looking for... anybody know where i can get a manual for a medusa? i dont care if its a reprint or if i have to download it. ive looked but to no avail...
__________________
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HKSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Out Here
Posts: 729
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Thanks c3. I'll check it out.

__________________

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

HKSlinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I've taken mine apart to loosen the tension to make them a little easier to load quickly....and then had to tighten them up again because they didn't feed properly!

Not that hard if you loosen the plate on one end with an Allen wrench....just be sure to hold on tight to the other end or the spring will go completely loose.

But, that being said, I've never taken them completely apart before, I just held on tight to both end plates while I adjusted the tension.

This probably has been no help to you at all.....

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lebanon,Ky
Posts: 3,621
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I've taken many apart for cleaning/tension issues. It's not hard to do but you have to keep track of the spring tension. As a rule however the factory mag is good for SEVERAL thousand rounds before it's cruddy enough to need disassemble cleaned.

__________________

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

stalkingbear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HKSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Out Here
Posts: 729
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I've taken mine apart to loosen the tension to make them a little easier to load quickly....and then had to tighten them up again because they didn't feed properly!

Not that hard if you loosen the plate on one end with an Allen wrench....just be sure to hold on tight to the other end or the spring will go completely loose.

But, that being said, I've never taken them completely apart before, I just held on tight to both end plates while I adjusted the tension.

This probably has been no help to you at all.....

Sure it has. As did all the other comments. It helped me decide to say,"screw it"!


__________________

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

HKSlinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
High Standard AR Anyone Know About Them?? traindriver AR-15 Discussion 9 12-12-2010 02:14 AM
22 High standard Fisherking Range Report 4 07-11-2010 05:25 AM
Hi-Standard stamour547 Semi-Auto Handguns 9 03-05-2010 04:24 AM
Hi-Standard jamespcurtis2 General Handgun Discussion 1 10-24-2009 03:38 AM