Squirrel Season is upon us...are you ready? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Squirrel Season is upon us...are you ready?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #91
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
Okay good! Lol glad to hear that id like to try one some day. haha some people go coyote hunting and im not sure why? They live far away from any cities farms or towns and don't really bother anyone unless you look for them people go into their forest or way out into the dessert just to hunt them I don't think there edible like squirrels? Do people hunt coyotes for fun? If you dont eat it then why do people hunt coyote? Id like to know thanx
coyotes will terrorize livestock and kill them if left in huge numbers. again they are, NOT KILLED FOR FUN. they are killed because they kill livestock of all types, along with pets. not for fun. lots of people use to hunt them for the pelts for money. again not for fun.

you really should look into going to a Hunters Safety Class and get some learning.
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #92

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Is there Restaurants that have Squirrel on the menu ?

Old 09-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly View Post
Is there Restaurants that have Squirrel on the menu ?
none i have seen yet. i like squirrel, but i doubt anyone other than my dearly departed grandmother or my stepmother could cook it as good!

Old 09-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #94

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

none i have seen yet. i like squirrel, but i doubt anyone other than my dearly departed grandmother or my stepmother could cook it as good!
A few years ago my buddy had this event at his church that the town he lived in did a wild game cook off. And there were a couple restaurants that participated and they said it was a sesonal item but it is on there menu.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #95

Liked 83 Times on 66 Posts

I agree, i will take a hunters course. mmm sounds delicious! I would make a squirrel taco with fresh ingredients, tomato lettuce cheese sour cream and habenero suace! Or squirrel kabobs, bacon wrapped squirrel, squirrel jumbalya, squirrel fried rice, squirrel pizza, squirrel sloppy joes, squirrel stuffed jalepenos and cheese! Oh yes what would you guys make?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #96

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357
I agree, i will take a hunters course. mmm sounds delicious! I would make a squirrel taco with fresh ingredients, tomato lettuce cheese sour cream and habenero suace! Or squirrel kabobs, bacon wrapped squirrel, squirrel jumbalya, squirrel fried rice, squirrel pizza, squirrel sloppy joes, squirrel stuffed jalepenos and cheese! Oh yes what would you guys make?
Lol it's so odd people eat squirrel. In California. And anyone here would think I'm crazy to eat that. Just a odd meat. It like you guys trying Chicken Makhani or Couscous. I'm not Indian. But had to pick something not so Popular you can find in California. Yeah I know it will taste great. But I don't think in my life time I will have a chance to eat Squirrel. One time I went to Texas and had a chance to try Crocodile or Crawfish. I picked crawfish. But I wish I would of picked Crocodile. :/ once a year there a crawfish Festival in norther California.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #97
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8249 Times on 4249 Posts
Likes Given: 9495

Tasty little tree rats, just a light coating and fried in hot butter, Yummmy

Old 09-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #98

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I like "different" kinds of food. Snake, alligator, shark, bear, ostrich. I was introduced to all kinds of food as a child. And my kids get the same thing. I will try almost any type of food at least once.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #99

Liked 79 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc View Post

DLSR is the newer cameras they have now, takes almost high definition pics, the shotgun pic was taken with one, , I think.
Are u talking about DSLR cameras like the canon rebel

Old 09-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #100

I love the failure to communicate pictures the remingtons are dear to my heart. I own a few. the mossburgs are really nice too. I own a 44b in really nice shape. love to see other lovers of old tack drivers.