Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Speed Strip Kit installation bolt problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1598 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

Default Speed Strip Kit installation bolt problem

Okay, I installed a Speed Strip kit on my Ruger MkIII 22/45 over these past two days. It’s quite a challenge to get all the pieces adjacent to the hammer lined up so the pin can slide all the way back in. Everything works, until I put the mainspring back in. Then I can’t pull the bolt back for nothing. And I do know what the hammer positions are supposed to be for reassembly and where the dingleberry is supposed to hang so it goes into the slot in the mainspring housing.

Anybody else have this problem with a Speed Strip Kit installation?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here