sorry if this sounds silly to you all
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > sorry if this sounds silly to you all

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default sorry if this sounds silly to you all

I have been shooting air rifles for over 20 yrs and recently moved onto rimfire, my current rimfire is a cz .22 and have been very successful with it on bunnies.
I have recently put in for a variation on my licence and looking at a .17 hmr and after a load of reading up on them i have decided to go for a SAVAGE 93R17BTVS as they are very nice and have some really great reviews.
My question is WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN the .17 93R17BTVS and the 93R17BTVLSS it looks very much the same gun to me only some are left handed can any one tell me if this is what the difference is please.
Thanks for reading cheers mal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #2

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Welcome. You might find better luck if you start in the introduction section and say hello. PLeople like to know who they are dealing with

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmason View Post
I have been shooting air rifles for over 20 yrs and recently moved onto rimfire, my current rimfire is a cz .22 and have been very successful with it on bunnies.
I have recently put in for a variation on my licence and looking at a .17 hmr and after a load of reading up on them i have decided to go for a SAVAGE 93R17BTVS as they are very nice and have some really great reviews.
My question is WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN the .17 93R17BTVS and the 93R17BTVLSS it looks very much the same gun to me only some are left handed can any one tell me if this is what the difference is please.
Thanks for reading cheers mal.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Most new members stop by the introduction thread and introduce themselves. Other than that, if you post your question in the rimfire section, you will have a better opportunity to get the answer you seek.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The BTVLSS is a 1/2 inch longer, 1/2 pound lighter and the MSRP is around $15.00 less than the BTVS. It's sometime hard to figure out just what these manufactures are up to. There may be some internal differences that they don't list on their website. Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The ss on the end will mean it's a stainless. Some of those have the accu-trigger and some don't I am not exactly sure which does and don't though. I have the 93r17bvss. Very fun rifle to shoot

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 03-03-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #6

thanks people i will have a lok in the introduction section now thanks again, mal