son#1

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > son#1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default son#1

#1 son wants to know if .17,hmr and .17hmr mach are interchangeable i had a heck of a time getting the zero set on the scope as we have had strong winds this past week so far the bsa sweet 17 has worked as quoted good optics but i have to admit i have really been waiting on it to shift are come lose me semper fi!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9567 Times on 4116 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Don't think you can interchange the two. The HMR is based on the 22 MAG cartridge casing, the Mach 2 is based on the 22 LR case. The magnum case is larger in diamter than the LR case. Like trying to swap 22 Mag and 22 LR. There ARE revolvers with swappable cylinders, but as far as shooting one cartridge in a gun marked for the other- No.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #3

thank you ill tell him this evening, ymmas

Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

They are NOT interchangable! If you have a revolver with different cylinders, (ie: Ruger Super Single Six) or a rifle with different barrels like the Sako "Quad" rifle, then you may use the different cartridges in their respective chambers. The .17HMR is a .22 magnum case necked down while the .17HM2 is actually a "Stinger" case necked down. The CCI Stinger case is slightly longer than conventional .22LR cases.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!