So WTF? Still no .22 ammo - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

So WTF? Still no .22 ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
We have it slowly showing up here in Eastern Washington...this was an add in a local rag for it. It's still not at a price range that interest me.

22 LR in bricks, CCI 100s, $12; 333, $30; 550, $50.

OUCH!!! Makes my head hurt!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 08-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #52
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3391 Times on 2293 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718 View Post
WOW!!! GREAT SCORE! CONGRATS to your Bro! I settled on a Universal last year, because I was having a hard time finding a USGI 30 Carbine at a reasonable price. As luck would have it, the FFL that my Universal was Shipped to, called me a couple of weeks later, and told me that a Lady had dropped off a 1943 National Postal Meter (Reworked with the Bayonet Lug attached...) in pristine condition, and a P08 Luger made by DWM with all Matching Serial Numbers!!! I jumped on the NPM 30 Carbine, and bought it that day. I told him if he could hold the Luger, I'd pick it up Next Payday. He placed it in the Safe for me, and the day I was coming there to pick it up, he called me enroute, and said that her "KIDS" had pulled the Luger from Consignment that morning. They wanted the Carbine back too, but he explained it was already sold. Sounds like the "KIDS" were interested in making a Quick Buck, or Mom didn't let them know she was Selling them.

A month later, I picked up a sweet Mauser 1936 S/42 off of Gun Broker, in Excellent Condition.

Both Guns are Shooters, not Safe Queens!

I Hit & Miss 30 Carbine Ammo at Academy Sports, and Cabela's carries it rarely. If those two are out when I'm Replenishing Stock I'll buy Online.

22 Cal is still scarce around here, and sometimes I'll find it at Academy for $6.99 for a Box of CCI 100's, or the Aguila which I don't buy. Unfortunately, when I go to the San Antonio Gun Shows, I'll see a Box of Winchester 555 for $85... and I just walk away!

Cheers!

BB

Congrats BlackBeard! Those are nice pickups! To both you and Kimber: I agree,...I walk away from those prices too. I "P.O." The "Ammo Mafia" at gun shows when they quote prices that high I just walk away. They are the creators" and "Prolongers" of the 22 Shortage in local stores, at least here in N. Az. Where I live. The Big 5 here takes care of me, and I'm always on the wait list for 22's, 38s, and 9MM's...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-18-2014, 12:13 AM   #53

Liked 1114 Times on 734 Posts

Bass Pro has 325 Round boxes of Federal for $19.99 this week. Not too bad. They also had 50 round boxes for $2.39. Limit one box of 325 and 2 of the 50 rounders.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 AM   #54

Liked 1142 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1790

I bought two boxes of blazer 500 rds, not the bulk stuff when PSA was running a sale last month. I have 325 rds of automatch in reserve from when I bought my AR adapter package deal. $50 a brick is high, but its the most accurate ammo for my 10/22. Free shipping didnt hurt either.

I was down to half a brick of blazer, plus some odd 50 boxes ive caught on sale. I plan on increasing my stocks to the 5000-10000 rd level as I find deals....

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 08-18-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:49 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Shelves of it at Bass Pro Shop in SW Florida. Just had 1000 American Eagle delivered to my door from Ammoman.Com

Old 09-06-2014, 04:12 AM   #56

Liked 1114 Times on 734 Posts

New Field & Stream opened today. It is owned by Dick's. Grabbed 1000 rds of winchester .22LR for 54.99 and 525 rds of Remington Golden Brass .22LR for 24.99. Not too bad. I have a decent little stash now, but might check it out again tomorrow and see if anything is left. They had a two box li it. I could grab two more, and send Dad a nice lot to get him through the winter. NY's supply has gotten very low. He is not happy.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #57

Just Grabbed today( only because a friend took me shopping with him and for my help and advice he bought me) 2-325's of Auto Match at Big 5( he bought his carbine at an LGS, but they didn't have good prices on Ammo, so off to Big 5 we went) I now have really enough, right around 5K of asst. 22LR. If I could get a good supply of 17Hmr or 22Mag. I'd buy something that shot that stuff, but those calibers are still hard to find here, and I'm not paying the local gun & Ammo Gougers 15-25% more then normal going rate.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #58

Liked 157 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 97

My supply is getting low and I don't want to dig into my reserve stash. Found some 50 round boxes at Wally World for 2.40 box 3 box limit. That won't last long. Went to a local gun show this morning and would not pay the gougers prices. Wonder how long it's going to be before this shortage stops.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #59

If the Gougers have their way and can continue to buy up everything they see, never! They actually WANT the Dems in power because it's good for Business!! How Crazy is THAT???

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 09-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #60

Liked 605 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
For as long as this has been going on... there must be a bunch of people with closets full of the stuff, I hope they choke on it.
if they choke to death, we can sneak into their closets and steal it....

I mean....