So how does Eley do it?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

So how does Eley do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default So how does Eley do it?

I found this on another forum. I thought some here would like to know how Eley makes their SO consistent 22lr ammunition. Scroll down to the seventh paragraph to skip the Eley history.

http://www.rimfireaccuracy.com/Forums/showthread.php/1212-Eley-Ammo-Q-A-on-research-that-has-been-done-to-produce-quality-ammo

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #2

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I don't know the secret to the accuracy of Eley ammunition. I do know that Eley has their own method of priming rimfire ammunition, that might allow Eley to use more consistent powders. We all know that target shooters weigh bullets to find bullets with a certain weight. Eley is very consistent with their bullet sizing. Most ammo produced by Eley is sub sonic or is slower than most production ammo.

There are a lot of variables that are unknown or would require a lot of legwork to work out. Things like Eley tailoring their ammo to shoot well from highly accurate barrels that are commonly used in competition.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #3

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I don't know the secret to the accuracy of Eley ammunition. I do know that Eley has their own method of priming rimfire ammunition, that might allow Eley to use more consistent powders. . . . .
It's all explained in the linked artical.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #4

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Really, in competition ammo is supplied by the match organizer. No doubt the organizer buys decent ammo. I have no problem popping a fox squirrel in the head with a CCI mini mag at 50 yards. I am no Olympic shooter. I get my ass kicked with my own rifle by regular NRA smallbore competitors. Who is to say that Eley makes the most accurate ammo? All match ammo manufacturers make the same claims.

Last edited by John_Deer; 03-07-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #5

Liked 2512 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 577

I have had excellent results with Eley.

Quality control, and consistency. Not really secrets, but it can be expensive to maintain, and it is why their ammo costs more.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Thanks Vincene! I knew I had seen this before. It's a combination of how they design their primer, the bullet forming process, and the correct measurement of power every shot. The exact opp. Of Remington's Thunderbolt. But I have seen Eley primed Remington match,..which I have used in Smallbore rifle comps. In the 70's...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Newest Threads