So excited!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > So excited!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Not sure where you're located at but here in Oklahoma, you can buy a gun and turn around and sell it or give it to whoever is of age for that type of weapon. I always type up a description of what I'm selling with the serial number and have the person sign it along with my signature just to be on the safe side

Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

A straw purchase is knowingly buying a gun for a person that is not able to buy one for themselves. You can gift a firearm to a person who is able to normally buy one themselves. Legit gifts are allowed.

Buying onefor a nonrelative can be percieved to be in that grey areathatshould be avoided.

Only three people in this world i have gifted firearms to my wife my dad and my best bud of 30 something years i trust my life and property with. Everyone else gets to transfer through a dealer

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1222 Times on 787 Posts
Likes Given: 2460

As long as she's not a convicted felon you'll be fine.

And I do remember when I bought my first new firearm. I was 13 and I bought it from an individual. I lot has changed since the 80's.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #14

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I see where you guys are coming from with the buying a rifle for others. But we've known each other for four years and have been dating for three, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe there. She also has her firearms license, but the youth version.

With that she can legally take a firearm out to use and handle with out a person of age being around so long as she can't prove the person gave her permission. So with that being said, she can't buy any yet but she can legally use them with proper paper work.

But I would gladly bring her with me, only I'm wanting it to be more of a surprise. I have kind of worked out of her what she wants, even found out if she'd want a scope with it too, had one picked out and everything, turns out she doesn't want one since there's iron sights.