Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > So excited!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Okay, so even though it's not for me I'm still pretty excited..... Like to the part I'm actually having trouble sleeping?

I'm going to a gun shop close to me to buy my girlfriend her first rifle, but she doesn't know it at all. It's not anything really crazy like a Remington 700, SKS or even that large of a caliber. Just a lite .22, but I'm still kind of excited. I'm not sure if it's because it'll be the first firearm I've ever boughten or because I noones ever boughte. Her something like it.

But I was thinking, how where you guys feeling when you bought your first firearm with your own money?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2011, 04:39 AM   #2

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I was excited as sh*t. I went the day I turned 18 and bought a shotgun. Funniest gun by far I have bought and is my favorite one that I own

Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #3

I was I could of gone the day I hit 18, but up here you've got to have a firearms licence wich take a couple weeks to get at best.
And since I was 17 when I finally decided that I was 100% for sure getting some type of gun, figured I'd wai the last bit so I didn't have to update from a youths licence, wih is somewhat pointless since you can't buy ammunition or a firearm of any kind with it.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8059

I was waaaay older when I bought my first gun. I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. I couldn't take it home the day I bought it but I went and looked at it, paid for it then had to return several days later to pick it up. My son drove me to get it. I wanted sooo bad to carry it home on my lap but it had to be in the trunk of the car. I was crazy happy.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I was waaaay older when I bought my first gun. I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. I couldn't take it home the day I bought it but I went and looked at it, paid for it then had to return several days later to pick it up. My son drove me to get it. I wanted sooo bad to carry it home on my lap but it had to be in the trunk of the car. I was crazy happy.
Haha that exactly how I'm feeling right now man. I'm wanting to be all "I bough you a gun, let's go shooting!!" but since it's hers and all I think that'd be pretty odd. However, me and the gu who's driving me to the gun shop plan on pulling to the side of the road and putting maybe a magazine through it.....just to uhmm make sure it's working and all *guilty look*

Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
However, me and the gu who's driving me to the gun shop plan on pulling to the side of the road and putting maybe a magazine through it.....just to uhmm make sure it's working and all *guilty look*
Ummm.........I wouldn't do that!!! Good way to get your gun taken away from you by the cops. I don't think you can just go stopping at the side of road and shoot. I hope you were kidding.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Ummm.........I wouldn't do that!!! Good way to get your gun taken away from you by the cops. I don't think you can just go stopping at the side of road and shoot. I hope you were kidding.
Alright, pretty bad wording on my part haha
My buddy has a lot of farm land so we'd be off in his fields, at least 100+ yards into one anyways.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #8

Liked 69 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I hope you're taking your GF with you to get that gun, which is really nice on your part. I'm asking this because if you purchase a gun for someone else, that's now illegal. It's called a "Straw Purchase". Your GF will need to fill out the paperwork herself and go through a background check just like anybody else. It's not like she inherited a gun which is legal. CYOA, and let her pick out the rifle she wants or you have chosen for her, and let the FBI do it's thing to keep it legal and you out of jail.
Del

Old 12-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #9

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

The first gun I ever bought was a new Stainless 6" .357 Colt King Cobra...I couldn't keep my eyes off it for 3 mos. Wish I still had it. Enjoy your purchase.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #10
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphman View Post
I hope you're taking your GF with you to get that gun, which is really nice on your part. I'm asking this because if you purchase a gun for someone else, that's now illegal. It's called a "Straw Purchase". Your GF will need to fill out the paperwork herself and go through a background check just like anybody else. It's not like she inherited a gun which is legal. CYOA, and let her pick out the rifle she wants or you have chosen for her, and let the FBI do it's thing to keep it legal and you out of jail.
Del
You may be right but it seems I've read several threads of people buying guns for the spouses for Christmas. I'm not sure what the laws are, though. I would like more information on this if anyone has it.