Sniper 10/22..

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Sniper 10/22..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sniper 10/22..

I built me another 10/22, this is my 3rd one I have built. I have a Volquartzen Carbonfiber barrel with Comp. Trigger is Volquartzen, I bought all the parts coated them with Moly and put together. I had a stock laying around and I painted it camo. I used a Bushnell 3x9x40 scope I painted it to match. I had to paint the scope base and rings to match. It took me a week or two but it came out pretty good. Only thing I would change is to get a bigger scope. It shoots good and is dead on at 50yds. Now I got to figure out what to build next ?? I like building 22s they are cheaper to shoot.

sniper-10-22.jpg   sniper-1022.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

I think you did good

Old 08-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like it simple yet badass

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

looks great. I have no experiance with the cabonfiber barrel. how does it shoot and compare to other after market barrels?.
F.K.

Thats why they call it hunting and not grocery shopping

Old 08-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Looks great, nice job!!!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:55 AM   #6

It shoots really good, I was keeping around an inch at 50 yards. I could have shot a little better if I had a better rest. The Carbon Barrel is light, it weighs around the same as a factory 10/22 steel barrel. I shot it around 50-60 times without any cool off time and it stayed cool. It is a fun gun to shoot and cheap, that is why I built it. I built a target 10/22 a few years ago, then I built one with a folding stock. I had the front sight milled off and threaded for a AR-15 comp. I can put a suppressor on it at a later date if I want. I gutted the trigger housing on all the rifles and bought trigger parts to make it a lighter trigger and work better. They are fun guns to work on and fun to shoot..