snap caps for 22's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > snap caps for 22's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default snap caps for 22's

Can one use a spent cartridge as a snap cap if it is rotated to obtain a fresh strike each time.
I can't seem to find snap caps for rimfires

Thanks

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Never used these guys but they have what you want.

SAF-T-TRAINERS .22 LR Training Cartridges (50 Rounds)

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 12-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yes you can use a empty spent .22 casing for a snap cap. I wouldn't worry about rotating it on every dry fire as the brass is still softer than the steel of the barrel the firing pin would otherwise strike. The downside is when I open the chamber it would look as if it was loaded and you MAY someday confuse the fired casing with live ammo. They make snap caps for .22s.
Shooting Supplies - Shop Everything for Your Firearm at MidwayUSA

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks for the help
I'll get some soon but in the meantime i'll mark a spent cartridge with nail polish to separate from live ammo

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #5

I just bought two 24 Packs of Pachmayr .22 snap caps on line from Amazon.com. They work great. They say you can only use one snap cap 10 times though, that is if you keep snapping it in the same area each time. I rotate them in and out so they snap on a different place on the rim each time. They have helped loosened up the trigger on my Sig Mosquito and Colt M4 .22 a lot. They are $6.50 for one pack of 24.