Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Sig stg22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sig stg22

I just purchased a SIG STG22 in .22 RF. and since it did not have sights I purchased a TRU-GLO multicolor-dot sight. I took a bit to sight in mostly do to the lack of a good rest to help steady the rifle while sighting in. It functioned perfectly. My question is this ""why did the sales person say to use only high-velosity plated ammunition only??""

J BUDD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 234 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Probably to give the best odds of the bolt cycling correctly. The hyper velocity stuff will cycle semi-auto guns but standard velocity ammo may not. Sub-sonic is not recommended. The plated is because it is cleaner and won't dirty up the action as fast.

This would be the recommendation so that he won't see you back in the store to complain about your brand new gun not cycling properly.