Showing up the hubby!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Showing up the hubby!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Dangit you ladies don't let us have anything. Oh well at least it's nice to have someone good to look at when we go to the range.
Ehh, we can still stand up when we pee.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Ehh, we can still stand up when we pee.

Yeah..... but according to my wife..... some of us still have a hard time, "Hitting the Target!"

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #13

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718

Yeah..... but according to my wife..... some of us still have a hard time, "Hitting the Target!"
You mean like this,

image-4200522058.jpg

This was actually in the bathroom at my local range.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

My daughter can out-shoot most the men I know. She simply never flinches. I can out shoot her off a bench but she is much more steady than my old man self is. I can still shoot a pistol better on a good day though. But if it's a gun she is comfortable with like the 226 I have her a few years ago she is really hard to beat. She was 11 when we put everything form a 22 to a 30 06 in her hands and she had no trouble hitting a target at 150 yds off hand with a rifle. 35 yds off hand wit ha pistol and she's spot on.

I've found that if a woman/girl is comfortable with what they are shooting they usually have no trouble figuring out how to shoot it well very fast. I know plenty of men that wish they could say the same.

Congrats on your shooting OP.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

apwvsd40ve Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #15

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I took my wife to the range a while back (details in another thread) and she outshot me with my own gun..haha. I was very proud of her though. She had a lot of fun that day and I hope that she does it again soon. I would enjoy if she and I were able to shoot together regularly. I actually brought her targets home and hung one of the best ones up in my garage/man cave. It is a nice conversation piece and...even my young daughter is proud to say that her mommy shot that well!

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #16

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718

Haha soo true!! Heck if i had too i am sure i could do better than most men lol!!

Old 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #17

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve
I took my wife to the range a while back (details in another thread) and she outshot me with my own gun..haha. I was very proud of her though. She had a lot of fun that day and I hope that she does it again soon. I would enjoy if she and I were able to shoot together regularly. I actually brought her targets home and hung one of the best ones up in my garage/man cave. It is a nice conversation piece and...even my young daughter is proud to say that her mommy shot that well!
I love reading these stories, i love to hear about women shooting, especially these young girls if i had the ammo i would love to shoot everyday!

Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
You mean like this,

Attachment 105501

This was actually in the bathroom at my local range.
LOL

Back in grad school in Virginia Beach, a friend in class told us about an episode after her hubby had recently returned from deployment. He was the CAG on one of the carriers stationed in Norfolk...

She instructed him to follow her into the bathroom and stand in front of the toilet. She then got out a tape measure to assess the distance between the bowl and his nether-regions. She then says, "You can hit a pitching carrier deck, at night, in a storm, from 40,000 feet. But you can't hit a bowl from 30 inches?"

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #19

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Don't know about you other guys, but my excuse is I don't have any sights on mine. It's not even drilled and tapped for a scope mount.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Don't know about you other guys, but my excuse is I don't have any sights on mine. It's not even drilled and tapped for a scope mount.
My favorite excuse is how does anyone expect a left handed shooter to use right handed sights!?!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson