Show off your favorite rimfire plinkers! - Page 25
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Show off your favorite rimfire plinkers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
My Pawn place has a few. I'd like the 22/LR/Mag. Convertible in the larger grip, but I'd not mind the folder in LR...they also made a belt buckle model at one time I believe...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
They did make a belt buckle for it but I never had one and probably wouldn't have trusted it anyway. I have a belt buckle round here some where that was made by Gerber I think that had a scrimshaw knife in it but the knife had a bad habit of falling out. "Excuse me sir but did your knife just fall out or do you really like me?"

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 03-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #242
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 809 Times on 454 Posts

I'm going to be in the market for a semi .22 soon. I have an old wore out Winchester 290. It shoots Long LR and shorts without fail and it's very accurate to 50 yards open sight. I can knock off black birds every time. In looking for something $250 or less. I've seen 10/22 and Mossberg plinksters on here in that price range. Are they accurate and reliable? Or should I go with a barrel fed Marlin. I like the ease of barrel feed .22s because its like putting BBs in. Please give me some input. Thanks guys. Ill find a picture later of my .22. It's ugly. Haha.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #243
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
I'm going to be in the market for a semi .22 soon. I have an old wore out Winchester 290. It shoots Long LR and shorts without fail and it's very accurate to 50 yards open sight. I can knock off black birds every time. In looking for something $250 or less. I've seen 10/22 and Mossberg plinksters on here in that price range. Are they accurate and reliable? Or should I go with a barrel fed Marlin. I like the ease of barrel feed .22s because its like putting BBs in. Please give me some input. Thanks guys. Ill find a picture later of my .22. It's ugly. Haha.
I think everyone needs at least one 10/22. With a good magazine they will just flat make piles of empty brass and you can make them into anything you want. You can change the barrel in 15 minutes tops. I have a Shilen barrel on one of mine.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 03-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I think everyone needs at least one 10/22. With a good magazine they will just flat make piles of empty brass and you can make them into anything you want. You can change the barrel in 15 minutes tops. I have a Shilen barrel on one of mine.

Take down or standard? Everywhere I look the 10/22 is the end all beat all .22

Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #245
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

If the $200+ of a 10/22 is too steep, my 702 was $149 NIB + tax. Not as much aftermarket stuff for it but all the scopes and sights fit, along with ext. Mags. If you want them, all mine needs now is a sling and a Bi-prod,..and a paint job after the optic is mounted. Going with a tiger stripe grey and orig. matte Black...stock will get the coating when sep. Of the action, receiver and barrel.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #246
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Show of your favorite rimfire plinkers!

Quote:

I agree, and you can't stop at one. Once you customize one, you want a second to be either a fancy but traditional one or a stock one...I hear great things about the Take down. When they created it they didn't realize it's other positive is how easy it is to clean the takedown,...much easier to run a rod and patches or a Snake through it.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #247
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

DrF I started looking at the 702 after I saw yours on here. The price is very reasonable. I'm one of those guys. I want the cheapest most accurate .22 possible. Up to 50 yards. This is what I'm working with. $10 bucks out of the trunk of a Cadillac in a Roses parking lot.imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1394237350.907869.jpg as you can see no stock. Very pitted from rust. I have welded the plate/bracket/slide stop thingy in the back three times. It's some kinda bracket at the back of the slide that the RSA spring is supported. Anyway my last weld is buggerd up so it will hold now the trigger gets stuck/want fire. I need an upgrade. Haha. Don't get me wrong. This little girl can shoot. Bottle Caps at 25 yards black birds at 50. Never pushed 100. I honestly could drive a nail in at 15 yards.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #248
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Unless I planned to need to pack it into a small place I would go with the standard. I have never handled a take down and if I did I might change my mind. I have 3, the one with the bull barrel, one set up for suppressor use and one with full length laminated stock which I think was only sold at Wally World.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #249

Liked 280 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
My H&R 999.
I've always wanted a break top, that model in particular!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #250

Liked 280 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
A Ruger Single Six convertible.
That's a gorgeous revolver.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app