Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Should I put it up? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/should-i-put-up-58092/)

Win73 02-18-2012 03:54 AM

Should I put it up?
 
I have a Marlin Model 39A Golden Mountie, 1967 vintage. I have read lately that they are becoming expensive. Should I put it up or use it only on special occasions and use my 10/22 for my working gun?

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/P1300011.jpg

Muliemaster 02-18-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win73
I have a Marlin Model 39A Golden Mountie, 1967 vintage. I have read lately that they are becoming expensive. Should I put it up or use it only on special occasions and use my 10/22 for my working gun?

Put it up clean an oiled, use that ruger for work an play

Scratchammo 02-18-2012 04:15 AM

I'd say use it but if your primary is a 10/22 you might as well store it, 10/22's are the Toyotas of plinkers & don't break very often.

Muliemaster 02-18-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratchammo
I'd say use it but if your primary is a 10/22 you might as well store it, 10/22's are the Toyotas of plinkers & don't break very often.

Put it away value is all about condition. If u plan to sell it if not use it they are swert lil lever guns

Durangokid 02-18-2012 05:51 AM

I have a 1950s 39 M. It is not going to retire in my life time. These were made to use. Why buy guns for the safe? You may make a few bucks but you rob yourself the pleasure of using a nice rifle. Give up an all steel and walnut m39 to shoot a Walmart Ruger never.:rolleyes:

Muliemaster 02-18-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid
I have a 1950s 39 M. It is not going to retire in my life time. These were made to use. Why buy guns for the safe? You may make a few bucks but you rob yourself the pleasure of using a nice rifle. Give up an all steel and walnut m39 to shoot a Walmart Ruger never.:rolleyes:

To each his own dont ya think

Cattledog 02-18-2012 08:03 AM

If you can, keep it. The market is down for everything right now. Thats a sweetie btw thanks for the pic.

Win73 02-25-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid (Post 712575)
I have a 1950s 39 M. It is not going to retire in my life time. These were made to use. Why buy guns for the safe? You may make a few bucks but you rob yourself the pleasure of using a nice rifle. Give up an all steel and walnut m39 to shoot a Walmart Ruger never.:rolleyes:

I am not going to retire it. I will take it to the range and shoot it. I just don't think I will knock around in the woods with it or carry it on my 4 wheeler. And I definitely will not sell it. I have a six month old grandson that I hope to pass it on to someday.

Here is what my father passed down to me, 1891 vintage.
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...ample/73-1.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...ample/73-2.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...ample/73-4.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/a...ample/73-6.jpg

big shrek 02-25-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win73 (Post 719521)
I am not going to retire it. I will take it to the range and shoot it. I just don't think I will knock around in the woods with it or carry it on my 4 wheeler. And I definitely will not sell it. I have a six month old grandson that I hope to pass it on to someday.

Here is what my father passed down to me, 1891 vintage...

I'm with ya on that, I've got a 1913 Marlin 37 that gets gentle treatment...
as I want it to be around for my twin baby boys to play with later on :)

http://www.firearmstalk.com/images/3...c0031-1946.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.