should I get a .22 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > should I get a .22

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Ruger makes a 10/22 all dressed up like an AR. If it has a 10/22 action your grandchildren should enjoy it as much as you will.

The ruger model is a 10/22 and it is priced at more than $300. It's called the arch angel.

Last edited by Old_Crow; 09-12-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Okay buddy, Anti gunners dont differentiate between a .22 or a 5.56..all guns are bad. They dont even like cap guns or water guns. So they think anyone who owns any type of rifle that's not considered a "hunting rifle" is a possible "human killer" so it doesn't make any sense trying to argue this...as long as we continue to aknowledge these people and their stupid reasoning behind not owning a certain type of firearm they will continue to have a case. A handgun chambered in .22 is pointless to me, although fun to shoot I would rather carry a 9mm but I'm not going to say someone is wrong for carrying it because it's what they are comfortable with. Our football players don't wear leather helmets anymore right? No they got newer technology because of the times we are in. I respect all firearms in all calibers whether it be a lever action or a semi automatic. Just cause it's an older style doesn't make it more accurate...the shooter makes the bullet go where he/she wants just like a Hammer only drives a nail as straight as the person using the tool. we all have a preference towards firearms and there is nothing wrong with people having what they want. To say something is pointless is just fueling the fire for the liberals. I'm not trying to change your mind just trying to have you see it from someone else's eyes. It's a fun range gun and can be accurate is all I'm saying, not to mention if someone breaks in your house and you have one they aren't going to look at it and say "oh it's just a .22".
how about the ones who label or call hunting rifle with scopes, "sniper rifles"? yeah, there are those who think a bolt action rifle with a scope on it is a "sniper rifle" too. i have had several call my target rifles "sniper rifles" just because they have a heavy barrel, a large scope and a caom finish! seriously doesn't a person have to use it as a sniper for it to be a sniper rifle?

i agree, liberal gun haters, don't make any distinction between what firearms we own or what they look like, they hate all guns! personally, i don't give one ratsazz crap what liberal gun haters think about me or how they view my firearms!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #43

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Alot of people are mis-informed (not directed towards Jeff) because they don't know the least bit about firearms and have only seen things like that in call of duty. Usually if you take the time to inform them they will understand. I don't give a crap about how people feel about the firearms I own..call me a nut or whatever they want. I know I'm a sane individual that's not going to commit mass murders. Like I said, I love all types of firearms or weapons that shoot projectiles. If I'm crazy in someone's eyes for thinkin blow dart guns are cool then so be it but I appreciate what we have created as humans. Jeff sorry if you felt I disrespected as I can understand where your comming from. My apologizes.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #44

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Alot of people are mis-informed (not directed towards Jeff) because they don't know the least bit about firearms and have only seen things like that in call of duty. Usually if you take the time to inform them they will understand. I don't give a crap about how people feel about the firearms I own..call me a nut or whatever they want. I know I'm a sane individual that's not going to commit mass murders. Like I said, I love all types of firearms or weapons that shoot projectiles. If I'm crazy in someone's eyes for thinkin blow dart guns are cool then so be it but I appreciate what we have created as humans. Jeff sorry if you felt I disrespected as I can understand where your comming from. My apologizes.
You kinda stole my answer......

The people that see these 'human killers' see them on TV, movies and video games...a far cry from reality. The people that define an AR as 'military grade' are just plain ignorant. Half the guns in existence have been at least tested by the military. Millions hunt with them, millions more compete with them...it's not like shooting is an Olympic sport or anything...

Jeff, you made the classic lib remark that 'you don't need 30 rounds to kill Bambi'...completely ignoring the laws that hunters follow...no decent hunter is going to go over the allotted 3-6 rounds per mag...a number prescribed by law...

Please tell me exactly WHERE these people are seeing others' carrying thes rifles...besides the 'net and idiot box...???

Do you not look at people dressed like Goths and wonder if they have a screw loose?[/COLOR]

No, do you??? Why should I sit in judgement of someone I don't even know...even if I did know them...who the Hell am I to judge ANYONE???

[COLOR="Red"]So what real advantage does one of those rifles actually give you[/COLOR]If you want to shoot .22 ammo there are much cheaper and/or better rifles to do it with.

"Better" is strictly subjective...you should know that...A VW or 'Vette...truck or sedan...motorcycle or scooter...all do the same job just as well but to say one is "better" than the other is wrong because it's a subjective thing...

I'm trying to get you to realize we need to win the hearts and minds of people or they will take guns away from us. And having what amounts to a cheap version of a real man killing machine makes people wonder what you're thinking whether you like it or not.

For the delusional masses who derive opinion based on biased BS lies by the media, Hollywood or Call of Duty are too far gone. It's a condition called Cognitive Dissonance. You make the assumption that we can 'win their hearts and minds' but the plain fact is...YOU CAN'T...they are unable to admit something they were trained to believe, a core belief, could be dead wrong. You are also assuming they have fuctioning brains as well...They may funtion, but only when someone is there to tell them what to think...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #45

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
how about the ones who label or call hunting rifle with scopes, "sniper rifles"? yeah, there are those who think a bolt action rifle with a scope on it is a "sniper rifle" too
Have you not seen people on gun boards ask others not to call anything a sniper rifle? It happens all the time and it's pretty much the same principle I'm looking at. I've seen boards that would kick you off if you didn't avoid using the "s" word.

And please don't put words in my mouth i.e. "assault rifles". You gotta know I don't think those people are right. Heck I'm as gun crazy as anyone. I rarely do anything besides shoot when it comes to recreation. I've bought so many guns in the past 5 years it's ridiculous. I spend thousands of dollars a year on ammo. I am NOT anti-guns. I just know how people think.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56
I just want to know one thing - why? Why buy a gun that is more complex, not nearly as accurate, doesn't hold as many rounds and makes a lot of people look at you like they figure you're just trying to cook up a reason to shoot a bunch of people. Everyone has the right to do what they want of course and I sure ain't one to spoil anyone's fun but I just don't see any fun in it. To each his own I guess but I do try to remember that we are in a public relations war and having real guns designed to look like human killers makes a lot of people go "hmmm...". I see reasons to have real human killers. Sometimes we do have to defend ourselves. I just don't see the appeal of owning what is essentially a wannabe human killer. And yes I know they will kill. That doesn't make it better. It makes things worse IMO. Are you aware that people think you're using them to kill helpless animals and they wonder if you're warming up to killing humans? They see those weapons portrayed as man killers on tv and they wonder why a person wants a less powerful version. They aren't good for self defense. They aren't good for much of anything except looking like something they aren't.

Yeah it's just my opinion but a lot of people share it. They don't say so on these boards because - well just hide and watch and you'll see why.
" Human killer"? you are aware we are talking about a .22 lr right? It's not the fact that the army uses the same type gun, its the fact that its more fun to shoot and with a sleek design that'll make people jealous at the range.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #47
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
Have you not seen people on gun boards ask others not to call anything a sniper rifle? It happens all the time and it's pretty much the same principle I'm looking at. I've seen boards that would kick you off if you didn't avoid using the "s" word.

And please don't put words in my mouth i.e. "assault rifles". You gotta know I don't think those people are right. Heck I'm as gun crazy as anyone. I rarely do anything besides shoot when it comes to recreation. I've bought so many guns in the past 5 years it's ridiculous. I spend thousands of dollars a year on ammo. I am NOT anti-guns. I just know how people think.
Jeff, then stop worrying about what these people think. they don't use any type of logic in their thinking to begin with. if a person wants a 22 that looks like an AR, so be it. different strokes for different folks. gotta think of it this way, not everyone can afford to spend the money on a real AR and they want one very badly, so they buy a rimfire 22 AR lookalike, and i see nothing wrong with that. a lot of people put 22 rimfire conversions on their AR's for practice, and i see nothing wrong with that either. the way we win hearts and minds, is not with our choices of firearms, but by our actions and deeds, by being safe and responible gun owners.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #48

This conversation went a little off topic...

Last edited by TheHunter100; 09-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #49

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hunter, I feel if you want a .22 no matter what style it is that you should pick one up. They are fun to shoot.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #50

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100
This conversation went a little off topic...
My wife has a S&W M&P 15-22 pistol style and loves it. They're cheap and fun to shoot. You should get what ever you want!