Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Scope Mount for Mod 06 Winchester

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Scope Mount for Mod 06 Winchester

I am looking for a scope and mount to fit my Mod 06 Winchester .22LR, with a round barrel. What I would like is something that would be accurate at 100 yards with standard long rifle HP ammo. I want to be able to hit the head of rabbits and squirrels. In the past I have done this with open sights, but these eyes are getting older and I need some help.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #2

After searching the internet, and going to several groups, I find that there are no mounts made for my Winchester. If anyone knows of something different, or someone that has made a mount, please let me know.

Thanks

An armed society is a safe society.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #3

Default Don't mess with it.

A side mount could be used but you end up with a scope off-set from the bore. You also would take a large chunk of the value of your colectable rifle's value. Prehaps a competent gunsmith could come up with scout rifle arrangement where you would use an extended eye relief scope but again at the expense of losing value from your rifle. I suggest if you just want a shooter with a scope search out a good clean Marlin model 60 with a scope and leave the Winchester as it was meant to be.

Tarheel