Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (
-   -   Scope? (

flbandit 09-19-2008 01:43 AM

I have an older Marlin single shot .22, Glendale Model 10. I'd like to put a scope on it and was wondering if that can be done without using s gunsmith. There are no mounts on the gun that I can see, (or at least recognize as such). Are some kind of universal mounts available?

SGT-MILLER 09-19-2008 02:55 PM

If there is not any visible rails/grooves on the rifle, I'm thinking you'll have to see a gunsmith.

I could be wrong, though.

cpttango30 09-20-2008 11:28 AM

unless your real good with a drill press and tap Your more than likely going to have to see a gunsmith. I know around my area it is around $14 a hole for drill and tap which is not bad seeing this is a small job in the gunsmith world.

If it has a groved reciever (two slots on either side of the top of the action) then you are just going to need a scope and a set of 22 rings. Midwayusa sells them as well as just about any sporting goods store. If you don't know what your looking for ask a guy for 22rings. They will know exactly what your looking for unless your in a Gander Mtn.

flbandit 09-20-2008 05:15 PM

Well, that's kind of what I thought. For what I have in it, and what I can get a decent used one for, I might just pick up one alredy scoped and use this one for plinking.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.