Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Savage mark ii fv?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #21
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 845 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The Savage plastic stock has too much drop for proper use with a scope. Boyds makes some nice laminate stocks for about $100 plus you will need a trigger guard. You could also do what I did on my FVSR. I bent and mounted a piece of kydex to make a cheek piece. I put a Boyds stock on my wife's FV.
I bought the one that comes with a wooden Boyd stock. It might have been cheaper to get them separately, but then with shipping, maybe not. I cut a pool 'noodle' and use that as a cheek piece.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
I bought the one that comes with a wooden Boyd stock. It might have been cheaper to get them separately, but then with shipping, maybe not. I cut a pool 'noodle' and use that as a cheek piece.
I'm going to look into a boyd stock. I'm not in a big hurry to get one

Old 09-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #23

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The stock is a bit small but I have not had any issue getting comfortable behind the scope. New glass is next for me. Got confirmation from my prettier half that we are going to the range tomorrow to get her new fvxp dialed in @ 100 yards. I am really excited for her to be the first to fire it tomorrow and for her to learn dialing in her scope.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Getting a new scope as that trashco wouldn't hold zero. Thinking of the BSA sweet 22. Will put groups and pics when new scope on later this week

Old 09-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #25

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I had trouble with the scope on the new one also. Yesterday it walked all over the place. I got it close but need another range trip to make sure it will hold zero.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange
I had trouble with the scope on the new one also. Yesterday it walked all over the place. I got it close but need another range trip to make sure it will hold zero.
Yeah that was my problem. I zeroed it then yesterday I shot it again and I was like 1 foot high and 5 in left and it wouldn't go back to zero again

Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #27

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshtr

Yeah that was my problem. I zeroed it then yesterday I shot it again and I was like 1 foot high and 5 in left and it wouldn't go back to zero again
On mine i put a BSA 4X32. Took a couple shots to make make sure it was zeroed (with the help of a bore laser) and it stayed very veru accurate for as long as i had the gun... i could hit quarters at 100 ft which if u dont think sounds hard try it

Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88

On mine i put a BSA 4X32. Took a couple shots to make make sure it was zeroed (with the help of a bore laser) and it stayed very veru accurate for as long as i had the gun... i could hit quarters at 100 ft which if u dont think sounds hard try it
Yeah I have heard good things about BSA on 22's. That's why I'm putting the sweet 22 on mine now

Old 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #29
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshtr View Post
I really like that wood stock. Does it have a thumb hole? And how much was it?
It was about $65 unfinished. I bought it unfinished because I needed to shorten it and reshape the cheek rest to fit my wife. The scope is a BSA 4-16x40 since it is a 17 HM2. She shoots it at 100 yards. I have a BSA Sweet 22 on one of my 22 rifles and it works. The top turret will dial in the range and they give you several turrets for different weight bullets. I am looking at the Boyds Evolution stock. Keep in mind you will need a metal trigger guard.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
It was about $65 unfinished. I bought it unfinished because I needed to shorten it and reshape the cheek rest to fit my wife. The scope is a BSA 4-16x40 since it is a 17 HM2. She shoots it at 100 yards. I have a BSA Sweet 22 on one of my 22 rifles and it works. The top turret will dial in the range and they give you several turrets for different weight bullets. I am looking at the Boyds Evolution stock. Keep in mind you will need a metal trigger guard.
Do you have the 3-9x40 or 6-18x40 BSA sweet 22? I found the boyd stock I want. It's a wooden thumbhole stock for a heavy barrel for 99. How much does a metal trigger guard cost ?