Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Savage mark ii fv? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/savage-mark-ii-fv-72376/)

sharpshtr 09-14-2012 12:13 AM

Savage mark ii fv?
 
Is it a good gun? Really liking it. How's a price of 255 sound? Thinking of getting it tomorrow

shooter88 09-14-2012 12:20 AM

I had one it was a great gun i regret trading for but im gonna get another one soon...mine brandnew was about $130

sharpshtr 09-14-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter88
I had one it was a great gun i regret trading for but im gonna get another one soon...mine brandnew was about $130

You paid 130 for the savage mark ii fv with bull barrel? Where in the hell did you get that deal?

Axxe55 09-14-2012 12:33 AM

i have the M93R17, which is basicly the same action. mine has the heavy varmint barrel and i paid about $270 for mine about eight years ago as a combo deal with a 3-9x40 scope. they are very good rimfire rifles, accurate and well made.

due to the only flaw i had with mine, i restocked mine with a Boyd's laminate stock, which gave me a longer LOP than the factory synthetic. also when i bought mine, laminated stocks were not available on the heavy varmint barreled versions. with the Rifle Basix sear and the 6-18x40 scope on it, it can be a heck of a tackdriver at 100 yrds.

shooter88 09-14-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshtr

You paid 130 for the savage mark ii fv with bull barrel? Where in the hell did you get that deal?

Im sorry i missed the fv...(foot in mouth)... mine was a regular mark II

sharpshtr 09-14-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter88

Im sorry i missed the fv...(foot in mouth)... mine was a regular mark II

Okay nvm then. But still 130 is cheap for that gun. I was seeing it without accu trigger for 189.99 and with it 209.99. So 130 is a pretty good price

shooter88 09-14-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshtr

Okay nvm then. But still 130 is cheap for that gun. I was seeing it without accu trigger for 189.99 and with it 209.99. So 130 is a pretty good price

Yes mine did have the accu trigger also... i never shoulda let that gun go i put about $200 extra into it it lookes like a small sniper rifle

sharpshtr 09-14-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter88

Yes mine did have the accu trigger also... i never shoulda let that gun go i put about $200 extra into it it lookes like a small sniper rifle

Yeah I can believe. One thing my dad told me was to never ever sell guns. AsI'm 20 now ( he knows they do dumb stuff ) as he sold a 270 bdl for almost nothing and he did it at my age and he regrets it like crazy. I won't ever get rid of a gun

shooter88 09-14-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshtr

Yeah I can believe. One thing my dad told me was to never ever sell guns. AsI'm 20 now ( he knows they do dumb stuff ) as he sold a 270 bdl for almost nothing and he did it at my age and he regrets it like crazy. I won't ever get rid of a gun

Yes im 24 and thats the only gun ive ever gotten rid of and the last one...big mistake

sharpshtr 09-14-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter88

Yes im 24 and thats the only gun ive ever gotten rid of and the last one...big mistake

Yeah I can believe it. I don't think I could get rid of a 22....they are so cheap


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.