Savage mark 2 question? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Savage mark 2 question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Dicks and Walmart both bought special runs of the MkII's without the AccuTrigger. Walmart hid that fact from customers by putting a trigger lock on the trigger that covered it up so that you couldn't see if it had the AT or not. It was a downright dirty as heck thing to do. They wouldn't remove the trigger lock so you could see either. I know Dicks had some of the same rifles but I didn't know they also hid the triggers from customers. If they told you it didn't have the AT then obviously they weren't hiding that fact from you.

I would NOT buy a MkII without the AT. Sure you can buy a MkII and add the Rifle Basix trigger on regular MkII models but I'm not sure it's even possible with the neutered models being sold by Walmart and Dicks.

Both companies proved they can't be trusted IMO when they did this. That's why I buy guns from a LGS if at all possible. I did buy a shotgun from Walmart a while back but I could see everything about it and I knew exactly what I was looking at. But for the most part I avoid dealing with either of those places for anything other than ammo and even then I try to find it elsewhere first. I'll even pay more for the same ammo before I give my money to Wally World or Dick Sporting Goods.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #12

Liked 282 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 32

And most area will have one really good local gun shop that sells at a discounted price on everthing. They can basicly match walmart prices and get special orders quicker. Just talk time to hunt one up.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #13

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
And most area will have one really good local gun shop that sells at a discounted price on everthing.
At least one. There are 4 like that in my area. I try to spread my business between them all in hopes it will help keep them all afloat. They generally have to charge about $20 more than the Wally World prices but it's very much worth it considering you can't get any help at all on a problem gun from Walmart. The shops I deal with will ship a gun back to the factory if there's a problem with it and they pick up the tab for the shipping. LGS's are the way to fly if at all possible.