Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Savage mark 2 question? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/savage-mark-2-question-71554/)

celticpride2133 09-01-2012 12:20 AM

Savage mark 2 question?

So I was at dick's today and ready to buy my new savage mark 2, wood stock. But the guy behind the counter told me this model didn't have the AQU trigger? I thought all savages had this trigger, the gun had a trigger guard thing so I couldnt look and see the triger. Does this sound correct or was the counter guy wrong? Thanks

c3shooter 09-01-2012 12:57 AM

Well, according to the Savage website, the Mk IIs DO have an Acu-trigger. Does Dick's have some special run without them? Damifino. Have them take the trigger lock off and look.

Better yet, go find one at a local gun shop that is not afraid to let you hold a rifle that does not have a trigger lock on it. :rolleyes:

bradford027 09-01-2012 01:53 AM

I just looked at one at walmart . It didnt have the accutrigger. It was a black synthetic stock and regular barrell model.

robertb6112 09-01-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celticpride2133
So I was at dick's today and ready to buy my new savage mark 2, wood stock. But the guy behind the counter told me this model didn't have the AQU trigger? I thought all savages had this trigger, the gun had a trigger guard thing so I couldnt look and see the triger. Does this sound correct or was the counter guy wrong? Thanks

I have that model it's the gxp. They don't have it on the website. It's good I paid $180 on sale at dicks with a scope 3 years ago. It's pretty much the Stevens model with the savage name on it. I do have some feeding problems with it once in awhile but I think it's the ammo I use.

Longrange 09-01-2012 11:05 AM

Look for the mkII fvx model. It has the accutrigger and imo is worth the extra few dollars. The fvx also has a bull barrel. It is a package model so it will have some variety of 3x9 scope on it.

opaww 09-01-2012 12:06 PM

I have a Savage Mark II BV with Accutrigger, but they also make them without the accutrigger as well

FullautoUSA 09-01-2012 03:54 PM

The one that I have fired had an aqu trigger, do they all have peep sights?

Longrange 09-02-2012 12:03 AM

No, they do not all have sights on them. I just bought a 2nd Savage today, another fvxp with a bull barrel. This one is fluted with a green stock.

MrGrumpy89 09-02-2012 02:56 AM

I bought one from Wal Mart about 5 years ago. It does not have the Accu-trigger, but it is a pretty lite trigger pull, never measured it but a rough guess would be 3.5-4 pounds. The feeding issue i have was the bolt would scrap the rounds in the mag, scratching the bullet. I have fixed that by taking off the mag well and just doing single shot.

hardluk1 09-02-2012 01:08 PM

You can allways add a 84 dollar Rifle Basix trigger to the non accu trigger rifles for a better trigger yet.