Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > savage mark 1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Default savage mark 1

I have a savage mark 1 that is the most accurate 22 i have ever seen. But i dont like the fact that its a single shot and i was wondering if i could make it a repeater? Without messing with the accuracy? Any feedback us appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Sounds like a lot of work .. !!

Especially when you can get a sweet 10/22 Ruger semi auto , and a tack driver for super cheap!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada2d View Post
Sounds like a lot of work .. !!

Especially when you can get a sweet 10/22 Ruger semi auto , and a tack driver for super cheap!!!
Thats what i figured but im not so sure about the 10 22s. I just dont think that i could get the same consistancy out of a semi auto as i can out of a bolt action

Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageman97

Thats what i figured but im not so sure about the 10 22s. I just dont think that i could get the same consistancy out of a semi auto as i can out of a bolt action
I have a 10/22 and they are very accurate, and consistent . Read some reviews on it.
Ruger makes excellent quality firearms.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageman97 View Post

The misconception that semis aren't accurate is cuz most people use them to put as much ammo down range as fast as possible. If you treat it like a bolt action and resight each shot...like you should...accuracy shouldn't be to far off. 10/22s are great.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61 View Post

The misconception that semis aren't accurate is cuz most people use them to put as much ammo down range as fast as possible. If you treat it like a bolt action and resight each shot...like you should...accuracy shouldn't be to far off. 10/22s are great.
Ya i learned everything i know about firearms from my great grandfather and he never believed they were very accurate or reliable so im just going off of my learnings from him. I dont have any experience with a 10 22 so i dont have any real proof. Thank you for the help

Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #7

Quote:

Ya i learned everything i know about firearms from my great grandfather and he never believed they were very accurate or reliable so im just going off of my learnings from him. I dont have any experience with a 10 22 so i dont have any real proof. Thank you for the help
Definitely. That's what the forums about. My Uncle and grandfather both have a 10/22 and we take them out and have competitions with them. Very accurate, high quality, lots of fun. See if any of your buddies have one and go shooting with them. See how you like it. I personally still like a bolt action...but not for accuracy reasons...for the enjoyment of the classics.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61 View Post

Definitely. That's what the forums about. My Uncle and grandfather both have a 10/22 and we take them out and have competitions with them. Very accurate, high quality,we lots of fun. See if any of your buddies have one and go shooting with them. See how you like it. I personally still like a bolt action...but not for accuracy reasons...for the enjoyment of the classics.
Well now i want one but i dont have the funds. So back to the original subject. Is there a way to convert it?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 AM   #9

Quote:

Well now i want one but i dont have the funds. So back to the original subject. Is there a way to convert it?
I havent looked at them much...just googled it and i really don't think so. I might be wrong...but i don't think you can. It was designed and built as a single shot. You'll sirens more money trying to convert it than just buying a new .22. Especially this time of year. Everyone runs specials on 10/22s around the holidays. Another option is look at some pawn shops. I just picked up a Marlin model 60 (Marlins equivalent to the 10/22) from a pawn shop for $50