Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Savage Custom Shop (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/savage-custom-shop-61545/)

clr8ter 03-31-2012 11:33 PM

Savage Custom Shop

Anyone ever ordered a custom Savage? I'm having them re-barrel a 93R SS LH 17 HMR into a 22 mag. Ordered Feb 7, they said UP TO 6 weeks, and it's still not here. No word from them, either. All they had to do was call and say why it's late, but now I'm not too happy. What are the REAL lead times in other people's experience?

Marlinman 04-01-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter
Anyone ever ordered a custom Savage? I'm having them re-barrel a 93R SS LH 17 HMR into a 22 mag. Ordered Feb 7, they said UP TO 6 weeks, and it's still not here. No word from them, either. All they had to do was call and say why it's late, but now I'm not too happy. What are the REAL lead times in other people's experience?

Varies on the gun/barrel. Try callin customer service and find out what the hold up is

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

clr8ter 04-01-2012 12:04 PM

What varies on the gun/barrel? They're basically the same guns, simple swap, I'd say. The guy who ordered it is going to call tomorrow, the point is, they should have called us.

Marlinman 04-01-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter
What varies on the gun/barrel? They're basically the same guns, simple swap, I'd say. The guy who ordered it is going to call tomorrow, the point is, they should have called us.

The time to put it together. Every gun is different in the parts bein off just a little bit

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

hardluk1 04-01-2012 04:42 PM

You could have sent it to them for the work. Middle man not needed. Your kinda at the middle mans mercy now. Firearm parts are at times out of stock. Not allways in inventory and if out of stock they also have to wait for the next production run to get whats needed for the barrel swap. Might have been cheaper to sell the 17 and buy a 22mag.

clr8ter 04-01-2012 08:46 PM

Well, from my understanding, both guns are based on the same receiver, the 93. All cartridges involved are in the same family. (17HMR being derived from 22MAG.) This is a brand new gun being ordered special with the barrel swap, no middleman, except for my LGS had to order it. They're charging $95, so the labor cost to do the job can't be that great.

The reason I'm going there in the 1st place is that I wanted a LH, SS bolt, wood stock, 22 mag, ect. The donor gun fit the bill, except for the barrel, so.......

hardluk1 04-01-2012 11:53 PM

Guess if you LGS does not follow up in a timely fashon then you get the work order number and do so. Might be the best way for to find the truth out. I guess you have your serial number to use too.

Txhillbilly 04-02-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter (Post 758337)

They will not call you. They have better things to do,and won't call just one customer about rimfire rifle.
If you want to find something out,get off your a** and call Savage-Talk to Effie Sullivan,she is over all of the custom ordered guns thru the Savage Custom Shop.

clr8ter 04-02-2012 11:16 PM

Yeah, I could call her, but my phone is over there, and my ass is comfortable. :D

LGS said he'd call her. I didn't REALLY expect them to call, but that would show excellent customer service, of which there is not much of nowadays......

flyoteslayer 04-10-2012 10:30 PM

Same here, ordered 12 lrpv in 243 with 1:8 twist and threaded barrel for 5/8-24 suppressor. Last month had no answer on delivery time, promised 8-10-weeks..it has been 13 so go figure. Better off buying 6Norma BR off the shelf on Gunbroker and re-barreling with Shilen, Hart, Krigger..., quicker and cheaper...Never again!!! live n learn :-)