Savage 93F
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Savage 93F

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Default Savage 93F

Walk in a gun shop looking for some 22lr ammo, am told yes they have some they keep behind the counter and you can buy 100 rounds and it is in a baggie and brand isn't told as if you want it fine if not that is fine also.
Yet there is a shelf so loaded with 22 Mag ammo it is sagging. I look at a couple of new rifles they have Ruger 77 22mag and a Browning T bolt. Way out of my price range.
A few week later I am in Wally world again I check to see if they have 22lr ammo. None at all, but I see a Savage 93F in 22mag for less than 200.00 plus taxes of course. I leave with out it because my wife said I had to sell some thing first to buy it.
I did some work for a fellow and he asked what he owed me a couple of weeks after. I told him the Savage rifle which I had learned had a $25.00 rebate also. the work was worth twice that but I wanted to hunt squirrels and was out of 22lr ammo. Next day he delivered the 93F to my house with 3 boxes of ammo.
I found out my old eyes could shoot the rifle with iron sights. Had to break down and play the E mail game with Savage to get scope mounts for it. Once they arrived I mounted a old Simmons scope on the rifle.
Now I will say the rifle is not any thing of beauty but I never expected it of a NEW $200.00 rifle but is shot great. Once I found a ballistic chart I was shooting squirrels at over 80 yards.

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.rimfire-rifles.html

Like many of the reviews for this model I found the clip to be a useless needing Constance adjustment when shooting more than a couple clips of ammo. Sure is some thing to rack the bolt open to extract a empty and have 8 round fly thru the air cause the clip was no longer holding them.
Am now looking for a decent aftermarket clip for it.

Al

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

I have not had any problems with my magazines on any of my Savage rim fires. I am using the 5 round mags on my 93G. 10 rounds on the MKII FV and FVSR. The F has a plastic stock and th G has a wooden stock otherwise they are the same rifle. I have had problems locating 22 Mag ammo at a decent price and where you are it is plentiful.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

It WAS plentiful but by Christmas you couldn't find a stray round rolling around on the floor, let a long a box of it

Ya buy 100 rounds at a time in a baggie once a month if you want any.

Al