Santa Left a 10/22 Under the Tree - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Santa Left a 10/22 Under the Tree

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It's killing me to have to just look at it. I want to take it out and have some fun with it.

I'm still looking for recommendations on scope mounts and rings. So if anyone has any words of wisdom.......

Old 12-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #12

Not what you're looking for, but I have these on me and my son's 10/22's;

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

I think if you're going to scope it I would go with a 20 MOA Scope Rail from the get go. This way you have the option of shooting longer range with your scope if you'd like to some day.

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TPSR%2D020

Joe
NRA, NMLRA

Old 12-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #13

Joe, thanks for the information. Yeah, aperature sights don't work so well with my middle-aged eyes.

Like I said, I'm still trying to get up to speed on optics terminology. So I'm not sure what you mean by a "20 MOA scope rail". I know in very general terms what "MOA" means, but it's not clear to me how the term relates to mounts.

Sorry about all the questions

Old 12-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
Joe, thanks for the information. Yeah, aperature sights don't work so well with my middle-aged eyes.

Like I said, I'm still trying to get up to speed on optics terminology. So I'm not sure what you mean by a "20 MOA scope rail". I know in very general terms what "MOA" means, but it's not clear to me how the term relates to mounts.

Sorry about all the questions
My new Christmas 10/22 came with the stock Ruger scope mount, bolts right on with 4 screws and my Bushnell 3x-9x Banner Scope with thumb screws mounts right to it with the rear site folded down. I can now mill the middle of the scope mount down and in 5 seconds have the scope off and see the iron sights.

I love my 10/22, Jim did my trigger, that is mandatory, now I just shoot and clean/repeat with it. LOVE IT.

Have fun with yours...

glenthoughts
http://glenthoughts.blogspot.com

My .45 is a part of me, I trust it with my life, and train with it. First one to the giblets wins. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenthoughts View Post
My new Christmas 10/22 came with the stock Ruger scope mount, bolts right on with 4 screws and my Bushnell 3x-9x Banner Scope with thumb screws mounts right to it with the rear site folded down. I can now mill the middle of the scope mount down and in 5 seconds have the scope off and see the iron sights.
Mine came with a Ruger-supplied mount as well, but I've heard that it may be too short to allow it to work correctly with some scopes. I plan on buying an inexpensive B-Square mount from Midway, along with some 1" medium-height rings.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #16

I didn't like my trigger either (is anyone ever happy with the factory one?). The way I went was to buy a Volquartsen hammer/sear drop-in unit. Worked wonders for me. I also did the B-Square mount. Works great as far as I am concerned. It's never come loose, and my zero has never changed in a few years. I also purchased his mag release.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/181-match-hammer-and-sear

Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #17

Nice, Hobo Bob!

When (if) the weather warms up, I hope to get out and play with mine and see what, if anything, I want to do with it.

I should get the new scope mount and scope in a day or two. I ended up going with a Simmons 3-9 x 32. It was the least expensive scope I could find that had an adjustable objective. I'm thinking it will be fine for my purposes, but we'll see.