S&W MP 15-22 w/flash hider, what sights?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > S&W MP 15-22 w/flash hider, what sights??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default DAVEM and beltfed

I accidentally ran across the 4 or 5 posts by beltfed just yesterday on S&W---my first time at that forum. A lot of people were interested in what he does. Might be a little complicated, but I'm going to register at the S&W forum tonight and try to exchange info. The gunsmiths for the gun shops in Fargo charge an arm and a leg. I really liked that stainless-steel/fluted barrel, thought cost would be a little too much, but the fake shroud or threading for a flash hider or whatever would be reasonable.

Protect your home and family, it only takes an ounce or two (or 230 GR)

Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default It's not easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamests1975 View Post
I have the 15/22 also and have had no problems,if you dont mind me asking,where did you find the add on parts?
I spent hour after hour online going from one place to another trying to figure the whole thing out and get parts for mine. A couple of hours ago my first goodies arrived: a carry handle (with a new rear sight in it that makes it seem like an M16), a front swivel for a sling (the idiots only put a sling attachment on the stock), a sling and a brass catcher. I was shocked that everything fit the way I planned. Studying for hours helped! I still have a bipod grip coming (not one of the $200 ones!), a flash suppressor type thing that I may not use and four more magazines.

I have learned that this stuff can be insanely expensive for some stupid little pieces of plastic. I also almost ordered some low cost magazines that didn't have the helper on the sides to help load them but I eventually found some cheap original ones. Right now I trying to remember where I saw a slide on flash suppressor because I don't want to thread my barrel.

My greatest problem is where I'm going to shoot this thing because I no longer belong to a gun club. There's a nice place at a farm where my whole family went when I was a kid but I don't even know the people. I'm new at all of this. Six years in the Army Reserve was a little different!

Tags
aware of ejector problems