Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > S&W M&P 15-22 w Comp. Weak Moment!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2211 Times on 1107 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Default S&W M&P 15-22 w Comp. Weak Moment!

Well after all this time and talking with a lot of you here on the FTF and shooting my friends rifle. I finaly broke down and bought one today. Found a great deal "I thought" on GB.com. Also ordered a bunch of 22s today from Midway USA! Lord knows when I will get them. But got tired of looking around for them and figured I would be better just ordering and waiting. Here is the rifle I purchased today. Should get it maybe by next weekend?

s-w-m-p-15-22.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #2

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

image-1287542433.jpg

I got the same rifle for my birthday last month. Spent this afternoon with my friend and a couple of his kids looking for some bunnies to turn into stew tomorrow. It should be delicious.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Well after all this time and talking with a lot of you here on the FTF and shooting my friends rifle. I finaly broke down and bought one today. Found a great deal "I thought" on GB.com. Also ordered a bunch of 22s today from Midway USA! Lord knows when I will get them. But got tired of looking around for them and figured I would be better just ordering and waiting. Here is the rifle I purchased today. Should get it maybe by next weekend?

Good choice! I like mine and have been impressed with its accuracy & reliability so far.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
BRL

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice rifle 03, I think the S&W M&P 15-22 magazines are the easiest to reload and that's what I've got for use with my CMMG .22LR upper.

Just had to use an adaptor for use in my 5.56 lower that also allows the .22LR bolt to remain open even after the mag. is removed.

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=52

That rabbit stew idea sounds great lucznik...where ya live!

Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

forumrunner_20140101_201020.jpg

This is my m&p 15/22. Love it, it's a blast to shoot.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:18 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

your going to love it.

the mags are definately the best ones anyone has ever come up with for any 22lr pistol or rifle.

the only negative with these is they can flex pretty bad if you put a lot of pressure on the handguards. you dont want to cinch up tight like a regular ar15.

i did toss the sights for magpul mbus on mine

ive got over 5k through mine without stoppage other than duds.

your going to like how clean it runs for a 22lr

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #7

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Looks like a fun shooter,congrats Sniper03. When you get a chance let us know how she shoots.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #8

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The 15-22 is really the most fun you can have and still be legal :-)
I have an MOE version, gave one like yours to my good buddy for Christmas and considering another for "just in case". The 10 round short mags are my favorite but have been hard to get, fortunately I have a bunch. The 25 round with Red Eye Custom buttons are a snap to load. Mine has a CMC trigger but the issue one was just fine also. Happy M&P shooting

Old 01-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I love mine, I have about 2,000 rounds through it and it has only had about 5-7 FTF's, which were bum rounds, as they wouldn't fire when re-striked either. I have about 6 S&W mags for it and 3 ProMag 32 rounders. The ProMags are great mags as well, they feel and look like the same quality as the S&W's.

One thing to be sure of is to load the .22's one by one allowing the follower to hold them up as you go, just use your finger to take the tension off the round to get the next one in. Don't try and pull the follower all the way to the bottom and drop the .22's in, they won't line up right and you will have trouble feeding.

I had heard but have not confirmed that ProMag makes the S&W mags for S&W. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Last edited by FishinLuke; 01-08-2014 at 02:57 PM.