Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   S&W M&P 15-22/accessories (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/s-w-m-p-15-22-accessories-84742/)

basscat89 02-21-2013 02:37 AM

S&W M&P 15-22/accessories

Have a S&W M&P 15-22, I would like to put some flat dark earth accessories on it (flip up sights, pistol grig, fore grip) that kinda stuff. But they're so freakin expensive. I'd have more money in the accessories than I do in the gun. So my question is, I found that magpul has a line of the same accessories, but they're made in china and cost less, basically made for airsoft. Does anyone think there would be a problem putting them on a .22 since there is very little recoil?

jack80 02-21-2013 01:36 PM

I was just about to ask the same question. I don't see why not. I picked up a pair of flip up sights for $20 last night. I've been looking at other accessories as well.
Maybe since we're in the same boat you've been looking at optics as well. I seen the NcStar Mark III as a possible option for $75. Ever use that brand?

BZ3 02-21-2013 02:27 PM

I just bought a magpul vertical grip new off eBay, made in the USA, not china for $22 shipped for mine. I heard of people putting the china stuff on with no problems but I'd rather spend a lil more and get the real stuff but that's just me.

nixfix 02-21-2013 02:29 PM

I've had a Truglo red dot on mine for a while, stays perfectly zeroed. As you said, recoil is negligible.

basscat89 02-21-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack80
I was just about to ask the same question. I don't see why not. I picked up a pair of flip up sights for $20 last night. I've been looking at other accessories as well.
Maybe since we're in the same boat you've been looking at optics as well. I seen the NcStar Mark III as a possible option for $75. Ever use that brand?

That's exactly what I have on mine, the NcSTAR Mark III is gold. I love it.

basscat89 02-21-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BZ3
I just bought a magpul vertical grip new off eBay, made in the USA, not china for $22 shipped for mine. I heard of people putting the china stuff on with no problems but I'd rather spend a lil more and get the real stuff but that's just me.

I got lucky and found a pistol grip and fore grip magpul (USA). Traded a friend for a glock mag that was worth about $20. But as far as the more expensive stuff like stocks and flip up sights, I spent the big bucks for them on my M4 5.56, but I just don't want to put that kind of cash out on a gun that I just use for plinking and shootin squirrels

jack80 02-21-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basscat89

That's exactly what I have on mine, the NcSTAR Mark III is gold. I love it.

Good deal. I'm gonna go ahead and order mine.

basscat89 02-21-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack80

Awesome!!! Let me know how it works out for ya

JTJ 02-21-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack80 (Post 1147443)

I had one and had problems but it was on a 223. The lowest setting on the lit reticle is way too bright. The reticle shot loose. It does not have the proper parallax correction for rimfire. They did replace it and I sold the new one.

basscat89 02-21-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
I had one and had problems but it was on a 223. The lowest setting on the lit reticle is way too bright. The reticle shot loose. It does not have the proper parallax correction for rimfire. They did replace it and I sold the new one.

Yea, I was going to put one on a 5.56, but just didn't think it was sturdy enough. But on my .22 it's been great. Even using quick release to remove it and put it back on, it holds zero