s&w .22a?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > s&w .22a?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default s&w .22a?

so i have been thinking for a year or so that i would like to get a gun mostly for target shooting and something to take with me when we go 4 wheeling in the jeep and camping and i like how cheep 22 ammo is so i was looking at 22 lr pistols and found the s&w 22a and i was thinking about getting the 107426 it has the 5.5" bull barrel and the high-viz green sight and was wondering what some of your thoughts were on this gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like mine. I've actually loaned it for some NRA Basic Pistol Safety classes.
It's an accurate little peashooter and even when some problems occurred (not the fault of the gun), S&W not only paid shipping both ways and fixed it fast for free...they sent me extra parts, too.
They've got excellent customer service.

Oh, and this was shot with my 22A from 35ft - offhand (no sandbags or rests)...and I've got a witness somewhere around here.

If I was a better shot, they'd have all been a little lower.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #3

I bought mine for plinking and handgun practice. It is also a good gun for introducing new shooters. It is as accurate as Jetgirl's. Mine does not like Remington ammo, everything else it seems to run OK.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #4

Mine is great although a little heavy and the iron sights stink(too big and no white dot). The price was right and its a tack driver.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not a bad "starter 22" add $45 for Ruger mark 3 or 22/45 (allow the use of scope with scope rail included)add $50 for beretta Neos or $85 for Walther P-22
Subtract $90 for Phoenix hp22a My friend's favorite lil' 22 ( with safety devices removed)

Old 11-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the input I think after the holidays ill be ordering the 107426 I just hope that my wife will like shooting this so I can talk her into letting me get some real guns later

Old 11-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One nice thing about the Neos& Walther P-22/ Phoenix Arms HP22A is a very small grip that favor children &slight of build. Don't make the mistake most guys make- Take the wife when firearms shopping, it shows that you value her input& you'll never guess just what Her hand can hold securely & propertly

Last edited by billdeserthills; 11-30-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
One nice thing about the Neos is a very small grip that favor children &slight of build. Don't make the mistake most guys make- Take the wife when firearms shopping, it shows that you value her input& you'll never guess just what Her hand can hold securely & propertly
Yeah I will be taking her this weekend I called a local shop and thay have one there but not in the options that I want so she will get a chance to hold one befor I order and with the ease of uses and a soft kick I know she will not have any trouble handeling it

Old 01-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #9

I have a 22 A with a Bushnell Red dot on it and its very accurate. I prefer it to any of the Rugers I have owned.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Neat gun...there was a recall in 2009 I believe: Model 22A Pistols Safety Recall - Smith & Wesson