S&w 15-22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > S&w 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&w 15-22

hey guys,

I just bought a new S&W mp 15-12 this weekend! I have not shot it yet but plan to this weekend! I have read about Federal and CCI ammo and found this...

2-FEAE5022BX - Ammo .22 Long Rifle American Eagle Solid Lead 40 Grain 1240 fps 50 Round Box

This is also what the guy at the store told me to use but like always i like to get more than one opinion about things, that is where you guys come in!

Thanks!
Jeff

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #2

Howdy,
I got one last Saturday and have fed it ammo from all manufacturers and it will digest them all with no problem. Unless you have one of the custom shop rifles, it will take anything that you throw at it. At least that is my experience with mine. Have a goodun!!!!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #3

ok great, thank you! Yea it is just the basic model.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #4

Howdy,
just out of curiosity, does yours have a suppressor on the end of the barrel. I have sen pictures and some dont have them. Mine does. Hope yours is as accurate as mine. Have a goodun!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #5

No it does not have a suppressor on it, it does have a flash hider on it. I think that is standard on them though? Yours came with a suppressor on it?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #6

Howdy,
my bad, I think it is muzzle brake. I wish I did have a suppressor. Have a goodun!!!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We have two here at our house. They both shoot about anything except remington bulk stuff. If you read your manual...you will also see that they don't recommend the remington stuff anyway.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #8

Yea i did look over the manual before going to shoot it this past weekend. so i bought 100 rounds of CCI, the guy at the store said that is a good round to shot first just to get the gun cleaned out. so i only shot 100 rounds this weekend. It was really funny to shoot!! i bought a bipod just to keep the gun more stable when shooting. bought a mount for the simmons .22 scope that i had on my Moss 702 plinkster and i should be good to go for now. it was very accurate! shot at about 20-25 yards and was only off the center of the target by about an inch or two. Just a little adjusting to the scope and this should be an very fun gun to plink at the range with!

Thanks Guys!
Jeff

Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I shoot American Eagle ammo through my 15-22 and I have never had a problem. At my gun shop, it costs $22.50 for 500 rounds. So the price isn't bad either.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #10

The 15 22 will shoot everything i feed it, and accurately. There is no need for anything fancy.