Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Ruger Single Six Owners (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/ruger-single-six-owners-59167/)

northhike 03-01-2012 03:41 PM

Ruger Single Six Owners

You guys that own the Ruger Single Six or Ten in .22WMR.....I'm jealous. ;) Actually I wanted to know how you guys like them. They have been on the list for some time now. I plan to add a stainless steel one to the the old gun safe in the near future. Never shot one, but they seem like a fun plinker.

ninjatoth 03-01-2012 06:16 PM

I had a convertible 22LR/22Mag in Blue and 4.6" barrel,traded it for a shotgun-but it was gun perfection,there's not too many guns out there I would call perfect,but this is one of them.

ChicagoJoe 03-01-2012 11:52 PM

I learned to shoot on a single six back in the 70s. It was, and still is, a great gun... accurate, well made and easy to maintain. My Dad still has it and I can claim it anytime, but I live in an area that is not very gun friendly and getting range time is problematic.

JD1969 03-02-2012 02:13 AM

I have a Single Ten and really like it. It is my #1 most shot firearm. It is well built, and shots better than I am capable of. I went with the Ten simple because of the extra capacity and the fiber optic sites, my eyes are still very good, but not as good as they once were. I plan on teaching my son and daughter how to shoot with it.

historydoc 03-02-2012 05:09 AM

I consider my single sixes to be my most useful guns. Perfect for the kit or trail. Snake shot, lr, wmr... Just great. I always want one with me. I don't know anyone who has ever regretted owning one.

clr8ter 03-03-2012 02:13 PM

I have the Single Six. I bought it used on an impulse. 2 summers ago I found out I am very accurate with it, and it has grown on me. I do like shooting it with the mag cyl. better.

Now, the single ten is SWEET. Personally, I would not put those sights on it, they look out of place. The ONLY reason there is not one sitting in my safe is they only come in 22LR. If somebody knows otherwise, speak up....

tigerbeetle 03-03-2012 04:29 PM

The only wheel gun I like better than my 3-screw SS conv. is my Ruger Bearcat. My bearcat travels lighter on my hip so it goes with me more often afield when I am carrying a long gun.

I sometimes carry my Ruger standard or my Challenger II for variety's sake.

Kodeman 03-03-2012 06:02 PM

I've had my 3 screw single six with xtra mag cyl. since the early 70's. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. If you want to instill confidence in a new shooter, this is the go to gun.

blucoondawg 03-03-2012 06:26 PM

I don't yet own one but my friend and his dad own 3, and I love them, some of the funnest guns I have shot, I will pick one of my own up some day. One thing I will say is the 22mag round out of a revolver is loud and very painful to the eardrum, I learned that lesson the hard way a long time ago, usually didn't have ear plugs with when hunting or in the woods and it's easy to do damage with that round. For that reason and cost of ammo I usually stick to shooting the long rifles instead.

clr8ter 03-03-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

One thing I will say is the 22mag round out of a revolver is loud and very painful to the eardrum
Yeah, it is wicked loud. Although, 22LR out of the Walther P22 is just as loud, it seems......