Ruger Single Six Opinions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger Single Six Opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Ruger Single Six Opinions

This winter I will be making the investment into a Ruger Single Six (.22/.22WMR). Those of you that own them how do you like them? How often do you use the .22 WMR? I am thinking about getting the stainless steel model with thr rosewood grips. I know you can get a .357 or some larger caliber for a similar investment....but heck I just want to have some fun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #2

Liked 1981 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Everybody should have a Ruger revolver of some sort. I dont currently have a single six. But I have shot one before. It was a first class gun as far as I am concerned. And 22s are great beacuse you can shoot all day without breaking the bank. I have owned a bunch of Rugers. Never had a bad one. Not too many brands you can say that about.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #3

Liked 759 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 238

I've had my single six for about 40 years. haven't used the mag cylinder for about 30 years. shoots excellent. I've shot thousands of rounds thru it.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #4

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The single six is a good pistol. The 22 wmr cylinder is handy if you don't have a larger gun. 22 wmr ammo isn't cheap. 40 rounds are close to $10 for 22 wmr. The 22 LR cylinder will see lots of use. The sights on a single six are the same as its larger brother the Blackhawk.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #5

Liked 1077 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I've got one I like. I use the Mag Cylinder more because it's cool. I don't think much about the slight price difference. Note that the frame on this gun is alloy, SS model included, I think. Just saying. Either way, it's a top-notch gun. Now, have you seen the Single Ten? AWESOME!! The ONLY reason it is not in my safe is the fact that it only comes in LR, and not Mag. (Last time I checked).

Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I've got one I like. I use the Mag Cylinder more because it's cool. I don't think much about the slight price difference. Note that the frame on this gun is alloy, SS model included, I think. Just saying. Either way, it's a top-notch gun. Now, have you seen the Single Ten? AWESOME!! The ONLY reason it is not in my safe is the fact that it only comes in LR, and not Mag. (Last time I checked).
I'm a fan of both .22LR and .22WMR and have plenty of both rounds so I am not too worried about breaking the bank. My work schedule doesn't afford me the opportunity to put too much pressure on my ammo stock.

Yes...I have seen the new single 10...but as you said I am also a fan of the .22WMR so if I am going to drop that kind of money I would like both cylinders. I am a fan of cowboy style guns and have a Henry Lever action as well. Would be nice to add a revolver to compliment the rifle. Now where did my wife hide those Cabelas coupons?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1170 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 695

i have the very model you like. check it out here

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/im-one-lucky-dude-71464/

its very nice shooting in .22lr. i have not used the mag cylinder yet. the trigger is amazing! very very smooth. i need to adjust the sights alittle but it shoots a good group.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Had a single six with the 22wmr cylinder sold it. It had a longer barrel and i found getting the small .22 holes to line up with the ejector rod too fiddly.

Other than those minor things its a great shooting high quality handgun. Mostly for me it was the looks mainly too long barrel. But i got it for 75$ used. Made money on it. Shot a bunch of possum and raccoon with it.

Highly recomend if you like 22 revolvers but they arent my thing.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #9

Liked 1077 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 708

The Single Ten, I believe, comes only in 22LR, not a convertible cylinder. One of the reasons I heard is that they can't put 22 MAG ammo that close together in the cylinder. Not enough room between them.....

I find that the ejector rod is not a problem. A little practice, and it's fast, JMHO, YMMV.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #10

Liked 139 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have one and have never shot the mag. But I guess it better to have it and not need than to need it and not have it.

Dan308
www.dtknives.com