Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Ruger Single Six Opinions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/ruger-single-six-opinions-74562/)

northhike 10-18-2012 03:13 AM

Ruger Single Six Opinions

This winter I will be making the investment into a Ruger Single Six (.22/.22WMR). Those of you that own them how do you like them? How often do you use the .22 WMR? I am thinking about getting the stainless steel model with thr rosewood grips. I know you can get a .357 or some larger caliber for a similar investment....but heck I just want to have some fun. :D

Rick1967 10-18-2012 03:27 AM

Everybody should have a Ruger revolver of some sort. I dont currently have a single six. But I have shot one before. It was a first class gun as far as I am concerned. And 22s are great beacuse you can shoot all day without breaking the bank. I have owned a bunch of Rugers. Never had a bad one. Not too many brands you can say that about.

hiwall 10-18-2012 03:31 AM

I've had my single six for about 40 years. haven't used the mag cylinder for about 30 years. shoots excellent. I've shot thousands of rounds thru it.

Old_Crow 10-18-2012 09:54 AM

The single six is a good pistol. The 22 wmr cylinder is handy if you don't have a larger gun. 22 wmr ammo isn't cheap. 40 rounds are close to $10 for 22 wmr. The 22 LR cylinder will see lots of use. The sights on a single six are the same as its larger brother the Blackhawk.

clr8ter 10-18-2012 10:29 AM

I've got one I like. I use the Mag Cylinder more because it's cool. I don't think much about the slight price difference. Note that the frame on this gun is alloy, SS model included, I think. Just saying. Either way, it's a top-notch gun. Now, have you seen the Single Ten? AWESOME!! The ONLY reason it is not in my safe is the fact that it only comes in LR, and not Mag. (Last time I checked).

northhike 10-18-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter (Post 981142)
I've got one I like. I use the Mag Cylinder more because it's cool. I don't think much about the slight price difference. Note that the frame on this gun is alloy, SS model included, I think. Just saying. Either way, it's a top-notch gun. Now, have you seen the Single Ten? AWESOME!! The ONLY reason it is not in my safe is the fact that it only comes in LR, and not Mag. (Last time I checked).

I'm a fan of both .22LR and .22WMR and have plenty of both rounds so I am not too worried about breaking the bank. My work schedule doesn't afford me the opportunity to put too much pressure on my ammo stock.

Yes...I have seen the new single 10...but as you said I am also a fan of the .22WMR so if I am going to drop that kind of money I would like both cylinders. I am a fan of cowboy style guns and have a Henry Lever action as well. Would be nice to add a revolver to compliment the rifle. ;) Now where did my wife hide those Cabelas coupons? :confused::D

jjfuller1 10-18-2012 01:10 PM

i have the very model you like. check it out here

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/im-one-lucky-dude-71464/

its very nice shooting in .22lr. i have not used the mag cylinder yet. the trigger is amazing! very very smooth. i need to adjust the sights alittle but it shoots a good group.

JonM 10-18-2012 01:12 PM

Had a single six with the 22wmr cylinder sold it. It had a longer barrel and i found getting the small .22 holes to line up with the ejector rod too fiddly.

Other than those minor things its a great shooting high quality handgun. Mostly for me it was the looks mainly too long barrel. But i got it for 75$ used. Made money on it. Shot a bunch of possum and raccoon with it.

Highly recomend if you like 22 revolvers but they arent my thing.

clr8ter 10-18-2012 11:55 PM

The Single Ten, I believe, comes only in 22LR, not a convertible cylinder. One of the reasons I heard is that they can't put 22 MAG ammo that close together in the cylinder. Not enough room between them.....

I find that the ejector rod is not a problem. A little practice, and it's fast, JMHO, YMMV.

Dan308 10-19-2012 12:42 AM

I have one and have never shot the mag. But I guess it better to have it and not need than to need it and not have it.