Ruger mark ii help!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger mark ii help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger mark ii help!

i have a ruger mark ii with a bull barrel. the serial number says its from 1985 if thats important. i recently took the firearm apart for cleaning and maintnance and when i put it back together the pistol would not fire. the bolt with cycle back but when i pull the trigger it will not go off. i recently discovered that if i tilt the barrel pointing straight up when i pull back the bolt, i am able to engage the firing pin and the gun will dryfire. im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they are willing to help because i do not want to pay 65 dollars for ruger to fix it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1957 Times on 1059 Posts
Likes Given: 585

Take it apart and reassemble according to directions. You probably did not hold your tongue right while putting it back together.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5625 Times on 2940 Posts
Likes Given: 371

this is for the 22/45 but the exact same procedure applies to yours.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #4

ruger marks are a little tricky when putting back together. Follow the steps on this website exactly!!!! 2245 Maintenance Page

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 02-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Those things can get a little funky. But you get it right once it gets a lot easier then. The vid or that manual link can show you all you need.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson