Ruger mark 3 bolt stuck.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Ruger mark 3 bolt stuck.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger mark 3 bolt stuck.

Basically first time taking it down and managed to pull the back strap thing out, ended up tapping it out with a punch. That all went fine. Problem:

On the youtube videos the bolt basically falls out of the receiver, but mine will only pull out about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch. And it just stops, so I don't want to pull to hard. But I think something is wrong....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

( I now know I can never be a gun smith)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #2

Liked 276 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Have you tried holding it muzzle up & pulling the trigger? It sounds like the hammer is getting in the way.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #3

Alright guys managed to get it all back together. There are like 3 "tricks" to get the stupid thing apart and back together.