Ruger/Browning/CZ - Couple of Questions
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Ruger/Browning/CZ - Couple of Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger/Browning/CZ - Couple of Questions

Hey all,

My dad, a beginning shooter just like myself, is looking for a .22lr rifle. I have finally made my choice and dad is trying to. He found three rifles that got his attention and has questions that I unfortunately can not answer ... but I do know a great bunch that most likely will, and that's you!

Here we go, ready? It's a bit.
- Browning T-Bolt Target/Varmint
- Ruger 77/22
- CZ-452 Lux

Questions are:
1. Do the price differences affect the quality, durabilty or accuracy of these rifles? E.g. Why is the CZ generally cheaper than the other two brands, does this influence the rifle's properties?
2. Does the barrel lenght make a difference? CZ-452's barrel is much longer than the other two. 26"/28" besides Ruger's 20" and T-Bolt's 22".
3. If you had your free pick on one of those rifles, for range and target use, purely based on general performance and quality, which one would it be?

If you have anwers, please respond in point form, just so it's organized and clear for my old man.

Thanks a lot. You've already been of much help with previous questions I had and hopefully will become more experienced soon so that I can anticipate more within this forum!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #2

Liked 301 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Of those 3, I'd choose the Browning T-bolt hands down! It's not only extremely accurate, but the quality rivals much higher rifles, AND the straight pull action of the T-bolt is ice on glass smooth and VERY fast to operate.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #3

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Me I would go with the CZ held and operated some of them and man they are extreamly good rifles for the price.

My dad has a Ruger 77/22 and it is a tack driver.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #4

Alright. From what I get out of these responses is that they're all very accurate haha. That means we can sort of eliminate accuarcy and should maybe start looking at handling properties like the trigger pull, actions, quality and such.

T-Bolt scores high with Stalkingbear for quality, accuracy and very smooth trigger pull.
Cpttango30 says the CZ does extremely well for its price and the Ruger is a tack driver.

Any more takes on trigger pulls and overal performances of these rifles?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #5

Liked 301 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Don't forget that the Browning T-bolt features a straight pull action, whereas the others are conventional bolt actions. The straight pull action is in a class by itself, being lightning fast for a "bolt action", as well as being as smooth as ice on glass.