Ruger 77/22 bolt action
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger 77/22 bolt action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 931 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default Ruger 77/22 bolt action

So, does anyone own one? A search here turned up nothing. The 3 guys at the local gun shop never heard of it. I brought it down there, and they were all impressed. It uses the same magazine as the 10/22. Mine is the 22LR, I have the all-weather version with composite stock. Nice gun, but I wish it came in a left-handed version.....and I should have bought it in 22WMR.....

Interested in anyones thoughts.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #2

Likes Given: 13

I have had a 77/22 for a few years and love it. It's a great gun to train you for hunting, just put a scope on it and it's like shooting you hunting rifle.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #3

Default 77/22

I have had a model 77 for 20 years. It is the best shooting 22 I own. It is beat up and runs like a race car. I turn down offers for it every time it goes to the range with me.
Tim

Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #4

Default Ruger 77/22

Ive had mine for 16yrs+ now, love it. My brother bought me a sear kit for it and I love it even more! Wife even likes to plink with it when we go up to the land to camp and have campfires. She can put 9-10 rounds through the little "0" in a diet pepsi can at 40yards.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #5

Great gun i have the same exact model except in .22 mag its another fine ruger firearm i use mine for woodchucks and the ocassional coyote

Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #6

Liked 931 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Hmmmm, not many replies....confirms my theory they don't sell many.

When you guys take the thing apart, did anyone notice the instructions are wrong about how to remove the safety? (Or something around there) Also, has anyone taken the mag catch apart? I did, and the pin holding the 2 parts together was bent. Turns out the 4 holes that maybe should line up, don't.

I do like the gun, plan on shooting it more this summer. The other thing is it looks kinda dumb, being the all weather version, with a black scope. I was told at time of purchase, no one made a silver scope, unless maybe if you spent a ton of money.....

Old 02-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #7

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Hmmmm, not many replies....confirms my theory they don't sell many.

When you guys take the thing apart, did anyone notice the instructions are wrong about how to remove the safety? (Or something around there) Also, has anyone taken the mag catch apart? I did, and the pin holding the 2 parts together was bent. Turns out the 4 holes that maybe should line up, don't.

I do like the gun, plan on shooting it more this summer. The other thing is it looks kinda dumb, being the all weather version, with a black scope. I was told at time of purchase, no one made a silver scope, unless maybe if you spent a ton of money.....

post a pic of this rifle........my younger brother purchased one @ the same time that i was purchasing this one:

his was a bolt action M77/22, with a greyish colored finish. kinda looked like a heat-shrunk plastic if you didn't get to look @ it up close.

BUT both his and my rifle were bought in 2001.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-25-2011, 03:24 AM   #8

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

awesome little rifle, use to drive tacks with it @ 50yds, loved about ALL ammo.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #9

I have only fired one, several years ago and it was a very slick rifle. I couldn't justify the cost for a rimfire and for my purposes, though.

As far as finding a scope to match the finish, nearly everyone makes a silver finish scope from Barska to Leupold. I put a Muelleur APV on a .17M2 converted 10/22 I did for my dad. The finish is a very close match and the scope seems to be reliable, clear and a good value for the price.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 02-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #10

I bought mine used for $350 at gander mtn came with a leupold 2-7x32 scope, sorry about my "leupold" spelling not sure how to spell it.