Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger 22/45 price?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 678 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default Ruger 22/45 price?

Theres a Ruger 22/45 for sale for $150.. Good price or not? What would the differences be between the MK.I, II, or III ?
Could I sell it for more? (Im trying to hussle my way to a T38 carbine stock!!)
A pic from the ad..

Last edited by Trez; 06-16-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #2

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

$150 is a good price for any Ruger 22 as for the differences, updates, safety issues and changes to make for a lower mfg cost. I'm not sure of the exact changes in each model off the top of my head but their is a compassion chart on one of the Ruger Collectors group pages you should be able to google it.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2532 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

$150 is a very good price for any serviceable Ruger MK pistol. If it's a functional gun with a good bore, it's a good deal.

As for the differences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_MK_II

Quote:
The original Ruger pistol, now called the Standard, had no model number, as it was the first, and for a time, only gun made by Sturm, Ruger. Prior to Bill Ruger's partnership with Sturm, he had successfully duplicated two Baby Nambu pistols[1] while working in his garage, from a U.S. Marine's captured Nambu, shortly after World War II. Although deciding against marketing the Baby Nambu Pistols, Ruger did incorporate the Nambu style rear cocking device and modified the Nambu's silhouette, plus he added a 4.75 in (12.1 cm) lightweight barrel with fixed sights.
The MK I added a Target model, which had a 5.5 in (14 cm) bull barrel, or a 6.875 in (17.46 cm) heavy taper barrel and adjustable sights. The MK II added a slide stop that held the slide open on the last round, and also was available in stainless steel. The MK II has been available in a number of barrel lengths; 4.75 in (12.1 cm) and 6 in (15 cm) lightweight barrels; 4 in (10 cm), 5.5 in (14 cm), 6.875 in (17.46 cm) and 10 in (25 cm) bull barrels, and 5.25 in (13.3 cm) and 6.875 in (17.46 cm) heavy tapered barrels. All guns with bull or heavy tapered barrels are Target models, and are equipped with target sights consisting of an adjustable rear sight and a taller, wider front sight, with an aggressive undercut to reduce glare.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_MK_III

Quote:
Changes from the Mark II

Addition of a visible loaded chamber indicator on the left side.
Magazine release moved, from bottom of grip to behind triggerguard.
All Mark III pistols with adjustable sights are drilled and tapped for a Weaver-style scope base which ships with the pistol.[1]
A new magazine disconnect prevents the pistol from being fired with the magazine removed from the pistol.
An internal safety lock has been added. Using a key, the safety can be locked in the "safe" position.
Shorter tapered bolt ears.
A smoothly contoured ejection port profile.
Thank you Ruger Legal Department...

If you happen upon a MKII that you like, grab it. Many prefer them to the MKIIIs. I have a MKIII and it's not too bad. I also have an AMT Lightning which was a shameless copy of the MKII and the trigger is dramatically better. The Mag Disconnect on the MK III can be undone, I just haven't gotten around to ordering the parts.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 06-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1059 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 1964

The threaded bull barrel model goes for about 350.00 new, and it's not a Mk I, II, or III. It's a 22/45. The difference between it and the Mk's is that it has the controls (safety, mag release, and bolt release) where the controls would be on a .45. And the big difference, it has a plastic frame rather than metal. It's pretty accurate though.

Do a search on gun broker (or something similar) to get a better idea of what that model is selling for.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #5

Liked 678 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Plastic frame?? I dont care for that at all....

Old 06-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5126 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 310

skip that version. had one. they are the first model of the 22/45 and didnt work that well. if you get a 22/45 be sure to get the version that accepts regular 1911 grip panels stay away from the all plastic version like that one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #7

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

If it's from a private seller and no taxes and hidden fees etc than I would buy it,you could probably make a $50 profit when you sell it.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves