Ruger 10/22's With No Modifications - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger 10/22's With No Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Box stock and ready to rock...

I am hoping for a trigger job...

glenthoughts
http://glenthoughts.blogspot.com

My .45 is a part of me, I trust it with my life, and train with it. First one to the giblets wins. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Mine was stock for about a week Lol!
SS International model. Beautiful stick. It shot decent but not as good as I wanted or expected. A few dollars and it had an A&B heavy ss barrel, thumbhole sil. stock and it became an overnight tack driver. Had some extraction issues with the tight match chamber sooooo...bought a speed bolt assembly. Got a new tuned trigger to make a little more user friendly.
Piller bedded myself and added a rear reciever anchor. Then free floated and tuned the pressure point of the barrel to squeeze a little more accuracy out of it and now it will do this
0907081916ab.jpg
Thats 4- 5shot groups at 25yds
Still want to glass in the action, Stupid but Im afaid I'll end up gluing it in
Everyone likes AR's cause they are modular and have a million bolt on parts. The 10/22 is like the Poor boys version of the barbie doll for guys. Some mods can get REAL expensive, I did mine fairly cheap by comparison.
They are nice stock and the superstock guys can do some great tuning to make 'em really perform...but if the mod bug bites you, thats okay too

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down