Ruger 10/22 vs 10/22 takedown accuracy - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger 10/22 vs 10/22 takedown accuracy

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,462
Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj95 View Post
Works fine with a sling.
Do you use iron or scope? No change of zero even with tension on the sling (hasty).
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: little rock,arkansas
Posts: 15
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

I changed to Williams Ace in the Hole right away. My eyes can't focus on any Ruger sight. I have used the Hasty, loop sling techniques. The barrel fits in the receiver pretty tightly. There is a ratcheted ring that is used to tighten up the fit. Even with wear, any slack in fit could be adjusted for.

__________________
vj95 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,462
Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj95 View Post
I changed to Williams Ace in the Hole right away. My eyes can't focus on any Ruger sight. I have used the Hasty, loop sling techniques. The barrel fits in the receiver pretty tightly. There is a ratcheted ring that is used to tighten up the fit. Even with wear, any slack in fit could be adjusted for.
So inconsistant or different tension on the sling, shot to shot, won't affect the POA/POI? I ask because with a barrel band, the TD doesn't seem to have a free floating barrel.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: little rock,arkansas
Posts: 15
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
So inconsistant or different tension on the sling, shot to shot, won't affect the POA/POI? I ask because with a barrel band, the TD doesn't seem to have a free floating barrel.

I removed the barrel band when I put the sling swivels on.
__________________
vj95 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,462
Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj95 View Post
I removed the barrel band when I put the sling swivels on.
Ah ha. I didn't think of that. Thanks.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: little rock,arkansas
Posts: 15
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Ah ha. I didn't think of that. Thanks.
That barrel ring is plastic anyway. Don't think it does much. I don't think the Takedown is meant to be a tack driver at 100+ meters anyway. I think it is a survival weapon intended to carry in your vehicle so you can pull out and shoot a small game animal.
__________________

Last edited by vj95; 09-13-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: wanted to add an additional comment
vj95 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 18,031
Liked 5989 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Default

Any non free float will change poi with use of a sling. But its so light i dont think it matters if you use a sling. Even if you remove the band the barrel is still attached to the stock.

But its a non factor in my opinion

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,462
Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj95 View Post
That barrel ring is plastic anyway. Don't think it does much. I don't think the Takedown is meant to be a tack driver at 100+ meters anyway. I think it is a survival weapon intended to carry in your vehicle so you can pull out and shoot a small game animal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Any non free float will change poi with use of a sling. But its so light i dont think it matters if you use a sling. Even if you remove the band the barrel is still attached to the stock.
But its a non factor in my opinion
I understand. Thanks for the education.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ruger 10/22 takedown ArmyRangerSR9 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 9 09-19-2012 07:43 PM
ruger 10/22 takedown nickel1911 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 6 08-29-2012 09:57 PM
Ruger Takedown & sling use? Vincine .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 1 07-09-2012 02:42 PM
Ruger 10/22 takedown nickel1911 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 9 04-30-2012 09:19 PM