ruger 10-22 the thoughts on the new back packable model? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > ruger 10-22 the thoughts on the new back packable model?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

My thought/prediction is that it will be included in the coming ban.

I don't need No stinking signature.

7point62 Likes This 
Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #12

Liked 214 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Probably, so jump on it while you can. I own one and agree that its a solid system. Have customized already with butler creek folding stock. Very easy mod to do, took about 1/2 hour or so. I plan on auto bolt release mod and trigger weight/overtravel upgrade in near future.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #13

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
My thought/prediction is that it will be included in the coming ban.
I got one . Like your AV says sir . Molon Abe .

I got a real kick out of the official that said " A .22LR is a terrorist weapon , a terrorist could take out a power station transformer and take down the power grid with that round from 200 yrds out. " xD The thought a .22 would do anything other than make a " ping " sound to a station transformer @ 200 yrds is inherently laughable .

Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #14

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 364

I love it . And the take the SS block machined onto the barrel that actually locks the barrel in place is thick and sturdy. Also I like the fact ruger took into account the barrel after break in may loosen slightly so the installed a kind of threaded throwout adjustment so with just a couple clicks you can adjust just how snugly the barrel fits onto the reciever. Also the V block seems to be a little heavier due to the fact the stock is in two pieces and doesnt have the support of a one piece stock which I really like.

I've put over a thousand rds through my takedown now and it is just as solid as it was the day I got it . It seems whoever engineered this rifle really sat there and looked at the prototype and really thought of every thing this rifle would need to be reliable and solid after years and thousands of rds later.

I think its the best design I've ever seen for a takedown. And to my knowledge the only desing that incorporates the throwout adjustment to account for break in on the reciever / barrel connections.

I think its an awesome rifle and couldn't be happier with it .

Also if you change only one part out on this rifle make it a KiDD padded bolt buffer pin. If you shoot high velocity rds through a 10/22 overtime the metal on metal contact of the bolt hitting the stock all metal buffer pin can actually egg out the buffer pin machine hole in the receiver . And adding the rubberised bolt buffer pin not only eliminates that possibility and makes it safe to shoot high velocity rounds but it actually reduces vibration and felt recoil < as if you need that on a .22LR but it actually makes a difference I've found > And best part it's only like 5.97 I think I payed? It's the best 6 bucks I coulda spent on this rifle.

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 12-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #15

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Take a look at the Marlin model 70 Papoose as well.

It comes in a water proof all-weather case and has a 7 shot magazine.

Weight is 3.25lbs.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

In the takedown .22 market the 10/22 takedown will be king due to accuracy reliability and ease of assembly. The papoose is a strong runner up and the ar-7 is not even close.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
I love it . And the take the SS block machined onto the barrel that actually locks the barrel in place is thick and sturdy. Also I like the fact ruger took into account the barrel after break in may loosen slightly so the installed a kind of threaded throwout adjustment so with just a couple clicks you can adjust just how snugly the barrel fits onto the reciever. Also the V block seems to be a little heavier due to the fact the stock is in two pieces and doesnt have the support of a one piece stock which I really like.

I've put over a thousand rds through my takedown now and it is just as solid as it was the day I got it . It seems whoever engineered this rifle really sat there and looked at the prototype and really thought of every thing this rifle would need to be reliable and solid after years and thousands of rds later.

I think its the best design I've ever seen for a takedown. And to my knowledge the only desing that incorporates the throwout adjustment to account for break in on the reciever / barrel connections.

I think its an awesome rifle and couldn't be happier with it .

Also if you change only one part out on this rifle make it a KiDD padded bolt buffer pin. If you shoot high velocity rds through a 10/22 overtime the metal on metal contact of the bolt hitting the stock all metal buffer pin can actually egg out the buffer pin machine hole in the receiver . And adding the rubberised bolt buffer pin not only eliminates that possibility and makes it safe to shoot high velocity rounds but it actually reduces vibration and felt recoil < as if you need that on a .22LR but it actually makes a difference I've found > And best part it's only like 5.97 I think I payed? It's the best 6 bucks I coulda spent on this rifle.
Yes i already changed the buffer in mine. Forgot to mention it cause i change them out on all my 10/22's before they are shot.

Has anyone else noticed the rear of the reciever lifting in the stock if you pull hard on the trigger guard? It may be because of the stock swap. If so i'll take care of it with a little bedding to tighten the action/stock fit.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."

Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
Take a look at the Marlin model 70 Papoose as well.

It comes in a water proof all-weather case and has a 7 shot magazine.

Weight is 3.25lbs.
What is the price on the papoose model? Also how sturdy is the takedown mechanizim?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #19

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
What is the price on the papoose model? Also how sturdy is the takedown mechanizim?
MSRP is $325, store/street price is around $290.

The barrel slides into the receiver, then is tighten down with a barrel retention nut. It's very solid.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

$300 range the barrel has a nut that screws down to the receiver very sturdy. But you have to use the tool to get a good solid lock.