Ruger 10/22 Take Down
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ruger 10/22 Take Down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Default Ruger 10/22 Take Down

well went to my lgs to pick up some clays and some 12ga and they had a pair of the new ruger 10/22 take downs. now they got one left. last gun buy of my post sale of the m16. ive been interested in one but didnt expect to see one in person so soon.

im pretty impressed. they have improved the craptastic 10/22 trigger to one that is actually usuable. included an extend mag release as a stock feature. still has the crappy bolt hold open that stays in open position when the bolt is moved to the rear but thats already been changed out on mine. the carry bag is really really nice with lots of extra storage inside and out

the knurled knob on the front of the receiver has positive clicks that adjust the tension the barrel mates with the receiver. taking it apart you need the bolt to the rear but you dont need it to the rear to put it together. this is due to the cut out on the chamber for the extractor. the barrel wont turn with the extractor locked into the cutout.

i wasnt sure if i would like the stainless but i kinda do. the stock while very plain shoulders very nicely and is almost pefect for me. its also very very lightweight. i cant think of a single negative but it REALLY makes cleaning super easy. cant wait to get it dirty at the range tommorrow

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Mind if I ask what they got for it.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Mind if I ask what they got for it.
375 for the one i got. about the same as anything online with shipping costs and transfer fees taken into account if you can find one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-07-2012, 04:00 AM   #4

I have one I'm selling for $325 shipped which is why I asked. I just wanted to make sure I'm competitive. Thinking I may need to go up since there aren't any in the local area.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Last edited by silverado113; 07-07-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thats in the ballpark easily. transfer fees are typically 25-50$ shipping can be $20+ which is why i didnt mind the extra from my lgs. so factoring that in i got it right at a typical online price.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #6

Agreed. Plus your supporting the local guys, which is always nice. Congrats on the new purchase and let us know how she shoots.

Member: